Win HDMI Issue
the stars finally lined up and I was able to get the tv I wanted
picked up a panasonic vt-60 and also caught a pioneer elite vsx-43 avr on sale
problem is my xbmc pc with an hd6450 going through the new avr has had nothing but what i think are hdmi handshaking issues
sometimes it will display but most times i just get a screen of static
im running windows 7

I tried the moninfo software that creates a driver for your gpu so you know the hdmi info is always correct but it hasnt made a difference and im at my wits end

hoping someone can keep me from running out into traffic lol

I dont know if I should switch from amd to nvidia or what but obviously I want to be able to bitstream hd audio up to 7.1 but I just need it to work when I switch over to my htpc

any help is greatly appreciated...Thanks!
WE ALL WE GOT
Your windows 7 up to date? They sorted some HDMI handshaking issues in SP1.

All drivers all up to date?

Got telly set to exact scan? Making sure No overscans switched on?

Is CEC switched off on the telly?

Tried different HDMI ports on the telly?
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

If it is handshake issue, nothing beat this "Gefen HDmi Detective Plus- good to have for HTPC". I still think that all HTPC should have one....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2014-02-07, 22:41)bluray Wrote: If it is handshake issue, nothing beat this "Gefen HDmi Detective Plus- good to have for HTPC". I still think that all HTPC should have one....

I use DR HDMI which is the same sort of thing to get around my HDMI/splitting/3D issues and it works a treat. Not sure it would fix the OP problem though.

(2014-02-07, 20:30)bigdog66 Wrote: the stars finally lined up and I was able to get the tv I wanted
picked up a panasonic vt-60 and also caught a pioneer elite vsx-43 avr on sale
problem is my xbmc pc with an hd6450 going through the new avr has had nothing but what i think are hdmi handshaking issues
sometimes it will display but most times i just get a screen of static
im running windows 7

I tried the moninfo software that creates a driver for your gpu so you know the hdmi info is always correct but it hasnt made a difference and im at my wits end

hoping someone can keep me from running out into traffic lol

I dont know if I should switch from amd to nvidia or what but obviously I want to be able to bitstream hd audio up to 7.1 but I just need it to work when I switch over to my htpc

any help is greatly appreciated...Thanks!

Have you tried other devices into the AVR then into the display?

Does the HTPC work okay directly into the display?

Install Teamviewer on the HTPC and log in when you lose your signal so you can still operate Windows and maybe find the fault.

windows and drivers up to date
tried different ports on the receiver and different cables
If I plug straight to the tv then I get a pic no problem...just when I go through the receiver do my problems arise
the xbox one sometimes doesnt display a pic but typically a restart of the receiver or tv usually fixes this....ps3 and comcast hd box has never had an issue

just bought my daughter an alienware x-51 a couple months ago...it has an nvidia gpu....would be something to try but getting that from her for any extended period of time will be a no go lol

I dont need this pc to do anything other than really run xbmc so I guess a cheap nvidia 610 or something would be a cheap test but still hate to spend the money when it shouldnt be needed
WE ALL WE GOT
Does Windows see the display or the AVR as an attached device in the display settings?
right now it has a custom driver built from the moninfo software that I tried
but Im pretty positive that it listed the avr as the device before I messed with it
WE ALL WE GOT
How often do you have a problem?
every once in a while it will fluke and work until i switch sources then it will just outright not work until whenever it feels like it again lol

weird thing to me is if i reboot the pc It will have a picture all the way through the windows loading screen...then when it should switch from that to the desktop the screen changes to nothing but static
WE ALL WE GOT
Try the teamviewer thing I mentioned earlier. At least then we might be able to see what is happening in Windows while it's 'hiding' to try and diagnose it better.
You could also try if HdmiYo does anything for you.

I mapped it to a button on my Harmony, but don't even really need it there, because it's also set to run once on wake.
I have always had vnc and teamviewer on it
its not set to go to sleep so its always up and running

I can def give the HdmiYo a try also
WE ALL WE GOT
(2014-02-08, 01:03)bigdog66 Wrote: I have always had vnc and teamviewer on it
its not set to go to sleep so its always up and running

I can def give the HdmiYo a try also

Try it when it happens and let us know.
(2014-02-07, 23:25)bigdog66 Wrote: If I plug straight to the tv then I get a pic no problem...just when I go through the receiver do my problems arise
I'm not familiar with Pioneer Elite VSX-43. If you haven't done it, you can set video to pass-through and turn off HDMI audio to TV....

One of my network AVR had issue with handshake at first, but firmware update fixed it. I notice your AVR have firmware update. You might want to update it- DOWNLOADS & UPDATES
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I hate to say it but the problem may have been self induced
I removed the custom driver and let windows rediscover it and load a driver...which i had done a few times before troubleshooting
but I think the problem was in the amd catalyst control center

under desktop management and desktop properties....what I would think the setting should be would be 1080p and 60 Hz
that seems to bring about the issues I was seeing
changing it to 1080i 30 Hz seems to in limited testing allow the picture to come through consistent

I don't know enough to know if this is limiting something

Thanks again for the help
WE ALL WE GOT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI Issue0