Win Help no audio
(2014-04-01, 21:26)johninfla Wrote: I just went to the "Resolving HDMI Sound Issues" link but they say it's for HP and Compaq desktop PC's,not sure it's suited for my Dell laptop PC.
I know that it is for HP, and I just want to post it so that you can see some of the screen shots on how they selected Realtek ....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Please post screenshots of the following from your laptop

Also post a link to a debug log using the instructions at Log_file (wiki) make sure to play a video file when you do this.
Sorry jjd-uk,i haven't learned how to do screenshots yet,and i don't have any video files stored on my PC.

OTOH i am currently streaming my local tv station for the news and lo and behold,the IDT audio device has become functional again(at least temporarily)and if my AVR is turned "on",the HDMI port activates itself automatically and i get audio from my AVR.When i turn the AVR "off" the laptop speakers become active.That is exactly the way it should work.But i don't know if it will pass DD5.1,Dolby True-HD,or DTS-HD,that's why i'm looking for a movie title within XBMC (as a reference movie) that is encoded with any of the DD audio formats.
Also,i don't know for how long the IDT audio device will keep responding.
Use the Snipping Tool built into Windows to grab the screenshots and do the debug log.
jjd-uk i used the snipping tool,made a pic.of the audio devices in Device Manager that are on my PC (at least i think i did),stored it in the pictures library,but i can't figure out how to post it.Sorry.
(2014-04-02, 00:01)johninfla Wrote: jjd-uk i used the snipping tool,made a pic.of the audio devices in Device Manager that are on my PC (at least i think i did),stored it in the pictures library,but i can't figure out how to post it.Sorry.
You can upload it to "TinyPic" and paste the link from "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" in this discussion.....

(2014-04-01, 22:34)johninfla Wrote: Sorry jjd-uk,i haven't learned how to do screenshots yet,and i don't have any video files stored on my PC.

OTOH i am currently streaming my local tv station for the news and lo and behold,the IDT audio device has become functional again(at least temporarily)and if my AVR is turned "on",the HDMI port activates itself automatically and i get audio from my AVR.When i turn the AVR "off" the laptop speakers become active.That is exactly the way it should work.But i don't know if it will pass DD5.1,Dolby True-HD,or DTS-HD,that's why i'm looking for a movie title within XBMC (as a reference movie) that is encoded with any of the DD audio formats.
Also,i don't know for how long the IDT audio device will keep responding.
That is exactly how it suppose to work. If you can see Playback Devices in Windows similar to the screen shots below and if you setup XBMC as shown below, you should be able to bitstream TrueHD and DTS-HD....

Hi,bluray.the upper shots you show are similar to what i see in the IDT device screen but it doesn't show Supported Formats,sample rates,or Encoded formats.
In the lower pic.showing the XMBC Audio Output,my settings there are almost exactly the same as yours except i have Speaker Config.set to 5.1 and also have DD(AC3)capable receiver checked(turned on).
But i still need a DD encoded reference movie to check whether i'm passing any of the DD formats to the AVR.So far(when the IDT audio device is working)i only get stereo sound.
(2014-04-01, 22:34)johninfla Wrote: But i don't know if it will pass DD5.1,Dolby True-HD,or DTS-HD,that's why i'm looking for a movie title within XBMC (as a reference movie) that is encoded with any of the DD audio formats.

I feel your pain though I am confused by your comment above. XBMC won't present you with any movies (unless of course you are streaming and not playing back from a local source), it plays content you have previously ripped to hard disks.

If you don't have any files with any of the codecs (multichannel DD, DTS or any of the HD Audio formats), then you're only going to get at best 2 channel playback. Curious, but where are you sourcing your material and where did you download your version of xbmc from.

(2014-04-01, 21:26)johninfla Wrote: BTW,could you give me the title of a movie that you KNOW is encoded with either DD5.1,Dolby TrueHD,or DTS-HD??
I'd like to use it as a reference movie to see what type of audio i can get IF i can get my HDMI output to work again.

Check your source material for what codecs are included - usually they are quoted on the rear of the packaging.
steelman1991 i've been streaming the movie,"The Hobbit:The Desolation of Smaug,on Ice Films from Billion Uploads thru XBMC.
Surely,that movie wasn't encoded with only stereo sound.Are you saying that XBMC doesn't support any of the DD formats??
If so,then all my troubles trying to get the various DD formats to work are futile and i've wasted a whole lot of my time and some of bluray's(and your time too).
But I've been under the impression that XBMC does support the various DD audio formats.
I downloaded XBMC from their website,xbmc.org.

I don't store movies on my PC,if i did i'd just watch them,w/o any need for XBMC.
I wanted XBMC to watch movies i don't already have with the best audio formats available.I thought XBMC supported them.
If i wanted to watch HD movies w/DD on my laptop i'd have bought Power DVD 13 from Cyberlink cuz my laptop has a built in bluray player which i've rarely used.

Im a cord cutter(did it more than 1 1/2 yrs.ago after i bought a Roku media streamer),and I view XBMC as another source for good content,w/o having to pay the cable sat.cabal's extortionist fees.If i keep XBMC then i'd be more than happy to donate to their cause,but i won't pay the cable/sat.cabal one more cent!
(2014-04-02, 00:58)johninfla Wrote: But i still need a DD encoded reference movie to check whether i'm passing any of the DD formats to the AVR.So far(when the IDT audio device is working)i only get stereo sound.
Whenever you have a movie with DD audio, you can verify it. If your AVR support DD, it should work fine.

I'm guessing with all the effort you un-installed and re-installed drivers work out okay at the end. The users in other forums are doing the same thing to get their HDMI audio to work again.....
(2014-04-02, 01:54)johninfla Wrote: steelman1991 i've been streaming the movie,"The Hobbit:The Desolation of Smaug,on Ice Films from Billion Uploads thru XBMC.
Surely,that movie wasn't encoded with only stereo sound.Are you saying that XBMC doesn't support any of the DD formats??
If so,then all my troubles trying to get the various DD formats to work are futile and i've wasted a whole lot of my time and some of bluray's(and your time too).
But I've been under the impression that XBMC does support the various DD audio formats.

I don't store movies on my PC,if i did i'd just watch them,w/o any need for XBMC.
I wanted XBMC to watch movies i don't already have with the best audio formats available.I thought XBMC supported them.
If i wanted to watch HD movies w/DD on my laptop i'd have bought Power DVD 13 from Cyberlink cuz my laptop has a built in bluray player which i've rarely used.

Im a cord cutter(did it more than 1 1/2 yrs.ago after i bought a Roku media streamer),and I view XBMC as another source for good content,w/o having to pay the cable sat.cabal's extortionist fees.If i keep XBMC then i'd be more than happy to donate to their cause,but i won't pay the cable/sat.cabal one more cent!

Of course XBMC will happily bitstream the multichannel codecs (what it doesn't support are Pirate sites), but that will depend on your source. The Hobbit was encoded with DTS HD-MA track and a DTS Core, but that's not to say that is how its being streamed.

I would also caution you on requesting assistance from a source which has nothing to do with XBMC - see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149712 - no support is offered here for IceFilms

Would appear that the issue is less about your equipment's capabilities and more about your source material. I would suggest that you get yourself some demo files with the relevant codecs (Google is your friend) and then test your equipments capabilities.
(2014-04-02, 09:39)steelman1991 Wrote:
(2014-04-02, 01:54)johninfla Wrote: steelman1991 i've been streaming the movie,"The Hobbit:The Desolation of Smaug,on Ice Films from Billion Uploads thru XBMC.

Of course XBMC will happily bitstream the multichannel codecs (what it doesn't support are Pirate sites), but that will depend on your source. The Hobbit was encoded with DTS HD-MA track and a DTS Core, but that's not to say that is how its being streamed.

I would also caution you on requesting assistance from a source which has nothing to do with XBMC - see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=149712 - no support is offered here for IceFilms

Would appear that the issue is less about your equipment's capabilities and more about your source material. I would suggest that you get yourself some demo files with the relevant codecs (Google is your friend) and then test your equipments capabilities.

Well said. Johninfla if you press o while playing back you'll see a whole lot of stats about codecs and so forth. I don't encourage you for a moment to use icefilms, or to seek support for it here, but I suspect it ain't streaming what you are expecting.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Are you still getting no audio at all within xbmc? or is it you're not getting 5.1? so you do get sound but it's stereo only?

If you are only streaming, then you an add-on such as Youtube to generate a debug log as we need that to be sure what your system is capable of, then we need to know your settings from a screenshot upload to a paste site such as http://imgur.com
(2014-04-02, 13:03)jjd-uk Wrote: Are you still getting no audio at all within xbmc? or is it you're not getting 5.1? so you do get sound but it's stereo only?

If you are only streaming, then you an add-on such as Youtube to generate a debug log as we need that to be sure what your system is capable of, then we need to know your settings from a screenshot upload to a paste site such as http://imgur.com

Yes,i only want to stream content to watch.I was tinkering with my PC's IDT HD audio device last night and for a few minutes i actually got a multi channel audio stream from XBMC,but only for a few minutes,then it cut out and i haven't gotten it back.Only stereo again-or nothing at all.
I believe with 99.9% certainty that the problem lies with the IDT HD audio device or something related to it,not with XBMC streams.
Im going to give Dell Tech concierge service another call and let them troubleshoot the problem again.Yesterday they uninstalled/reinstalled IDT,but i guess that wasn't enough.I don't know much of anything about computers,but maybe there's something else going on.Maybe something related to the proper functioning of the IDT device,but not the drivers since the reinstallation would have the most up to date drivers.But that's just a WAG from a dummy.If i'm lucky enough to get a really good tech on the phone,he might get to the root of what's wrong and correct it.

PS:I still don't know how to upload/paste a screen shot.Confused
Upload the pic to somewhere like imgur and then paste the link that imgur gives you.

If you want help here, don't involve icefilms. Get a DTS-HD sample from here: http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/high-d...ailers.php
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help no audio0