Error - Unable to create GUI
I'm pretty sure i've had xbmx running on this pc before but cant remember... i defo had it running on my old xp system which isnt as good as this!

anyway im getting this message on my windows 7 system how do i resolve it?
Check that you are using the latest display driver.
Are you using the Netflix add-on? I've seen this from using that. I had to kill the Netflix process or reboot to get past this.
How do you update the drivers or check?

I don't have Netflix or use it
(2014-04-13, 18:46)Galaxy-Tab Wrote: How do you update the drivers or check?

Totally depends on your video card. Intel, nVidia, amd, etc. Their websites all contain drivers for all their video cards.
(2014-04-13, 22:31)Vaikin Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 18:46)Galaxy-Tab Wrote: How do you update the drivers or check?

Totally depends on your video card. Intel, nVidia, amd, etc. Their websites all contain drivers for all their video cards.

how would i know what websites to go on?

pretty sure im running DirectX 11 but its saying 11.1isnt compatible with my device
standard vga grapics adapter <<<<< is that my graphics card?
Standard vga adapter means you are using generic micorsoft driver which won't work for xbmc. You should look at your motherboard specifications and check what display card it uses. Then download the appropriate driver. Post specifications of your PC and OS used for more suggestions.
(2014-04-15, 07:09)baijuxavior Wrote: Standard vga adapter means you are using generic micorsoft driver which won't work for xbmc. You should look at your motherboard specifications and check what display card it uses. Then download the appropriate driver. Post specifications of your PC and OS used for more suggestions.

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name HOME-PC
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP dx2000 MT(DY925AV)
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel® Celeron® CPU 2.53GHz, 2533 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1.12, 06/12/2004
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United Kingdom
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name home-PC\home
Time Zone GMT Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 1.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.04 GB
Total Virtual Memory 3.98 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2.91 GB
Page File Space 1.99 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

this is under the display section

Name Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2572&SUBSYS_218114A4&REV_02\3&267A616A&0&10
Adapter Type Not Available, (Standard display types) compatible
Adapter Description Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Adapter RAM Not Available
Installed Drivers Not Available
Driver Version 6.1.7600.16385
INF File display.inf (vga section)
Color Planes Not Available
Color Table Entries Not Available
Resolution Not Available
Bits/Pixel Not Available
Memory Address 0xF0000000-0xF7FFFFFF
Memory Address 0xFE780000-0xFE7FFFFF
I/O Port 0x0000EC00-0x0000EC07
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\vgapnp.sys (6.1.7600.16385, 25.50 KB (26,112 bytes), 14/07/2009 00:25)
This link will provide drivers for your model. However it doesn't appear to have a dedicated GPU so your only option is to spend around £20 on something like a AMD Radeon 5450 or higher. I might be wrong but based on the info you provided that's the conclusion I've come to.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
You can see the specs for that series here

Seems like it's using Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2. You could try installing the Vista drivers they provide, though you may need to use compatibility mode.

Link to the 32-bit driver for Vista

Here's a little guide to installing the drivers on Windows 7

If all else fails then the easiest solution may be to run OpenElec via a USB-stick, I wouldn't spend any money upgrading that PC unless you can get a graphics card that has windows 7 drivers for a good price.

Let me know how it goes!
(2014-04-16, 03:46)nooryani84 Wrote: You can see the specs for that series here

Seems like it's using Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2. You could try installing the Vista drivers they provide, though you may need to use compatibility mode.

If all else fails then the easiest solution may be to run OpenElec via a USB-stick, I wouldn't spend any money upgrading that PC unless you can get a graphics card that has windows 7 drivers for a good price.

Let me know how it goes!

that download link for the drivers brings up an error page.... plus im on windows 7 not vista

(2014-04-16, 03:34)Piers Wrote: This link will provide drivers for your model. However it doesn't appear to have a dedicated GPU so your only option is to spend around £20 on something like a AMD Radeon 5450 or higher. I might be wrong but based on the info you provided that's the conclusion I've come to.

which one do i download off the list?
(2014-04-16, 11:10)Galaxy-Tab Wrote:
(2014-04-16, 03:46)nooryani84 Wrote: You can see the specs for that series here

Let me know how it goes!

that download link for the drivers brings up an error page.... plus im on windows 7 not vista

(2014-04-16, 03:34)Piers Wrote: This link will provide drivers for your model. However it doesn't appear to have a dedicated GPU so your only option is to spend around £20 on something like a AMD Radeon 5450 or higher. I might be wrong but based on the info you provided that's the conclusion I've come to.

which one do i download off the list?

Try this link and select
Code:
Intel Graphics Driver for Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit Edition) (International)

They don't have drivers for Windows 7, which is why I posted the guide.
webpage not available
I've gone through the first step on the vista/windows 7 link and a pop up error box saying 'this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software, set up will exit'

hmmm

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error - Unable to create GUI0