Solved Preffered Audio codec track
It would be nice, if there was a settings to set prefered order for audio codec.
For example to set play first DTS-MA if available, then DTS-HD, DTS.... and so on in some logical order... maybe semi automatic depending what you have set in passtrough and what is AVR capable of.
Anyway perefered language should have higher priority.

If there are some questions to clear what I meant here, just hit me Wink

regards
(2014-04-14, 15:37)Crssi Wrote: For example to set play first DTS-MA if available, then DTS-HD, DTS.... and so on in some logical order... maybe semi automatic depending what you have set in passtrough and what is AVR capable of.
Are you having difficulty bitstreaming DTS-HD Master Audio to your AVR for decoding?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
No. But if there is more than one audio stream in the media I would preffer to play best quality possible automatically.
So if there is DTS-HD, DTS and DD stream, and now by default DD is starting, I would preffer that DTS-HD would start without I would need to switch to that audio stream.

English is not my native language and I dont know if I am clear with explanation.
Well you got my support Smile
I hate it that some lesser track is chosen just because it's marked as default stream.
Editing the video file to change the default track is not an option in case someone wants to suggest that.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I thought XBMC already did this as long as no stream was marked as default? If the one you want to use isn't the default track, then why have it marked as default?
Because the file came like that and I'm to stubborn to go and change it. XBMC should prefer superior tracks when language matches.
It should bluntly ignore default and follow xbmc settings
(2014-04-14, 21:12)Martijn Wrote: Well you got my support Smile
I hate it that some lesser track is chosen just because it's marked as default stream.
Editing the video file to change the default track is not an option in case someone wants to suggest that.

Not following standards that work fine 99% of the time is not exactly an option either.
(2014-04-14, 22:31)Ned Scott Wrote: I thought XBMC already did this as long as no stream was marked as default? If the one you want to use isn't the default track, then why have it marked as default?
That is what I thought too! Since I started using XBMC for bitstreaming audio codec, it never fail to bitstream the highest audio codec to my AVR for all my Blu-ray movies.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2014-04-14, 22:33)Martijn Wrote: Because the file came like that and I'm to stubborn to go and change it. XBMC should prefer superior tracks when language matches.
It should bluntly ignore default and follow xbmc settings

You mean ignore "default flags" as an option, rather than ignore audio track flags by default? I can see that being a good solution. Like a global override.
If xbmc does already that, then sollutions would be to add into settings check box for ignore default/forced audio stream?
(2014-04-15, 07:12)Crssi Wrote: If xbmc does already that, then sollutions would be to add into settings check box for ignore default/forced audio stream?

It doesn't do that already. There's no logic in the code for selecting
Shame Sad

What do you think, would this be possible without adding too much effort into it?
Do you think that this would be a nice feature?
There is definitely some logic in there, e.g. it chooses 6 channel audio over stereo. Don't know about HD audio though, like bluray said it has never failed me.
There can be some "priority" logic depending what you set in the settings->system->audio output.

Always should be used best audio quality stream possible depending output sound device.
For example DTS should not be used if audio output device is set as NOT "DTS capable receiver" except if there are no other audio stream, in that case should be reencoded (or whatever XBMC does in that case already).
Does maybe any add-on already exist for this functionality and I am not aware of?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Preffered Audio codec track1