1 word answer is enough.
(2014-04-30, 22:49)Tradavang Wrote: Thank guys, some interesting stuff to look for there. Would never have dreamed of looking for library update tools. I only intend to build a system solely for watching movies and series. I don't want to surf the internet or Facebook people I have pc's and iPads for that, and music centres for, well music.
I've decided to go for a quad core android system, going to hard wire the internet so no problems with wireless. And hopefully add an external portable hard drive that contains my media so I don't need a PC running aswell.
Out of curiosity with the set up mentioned above could I download media to watch at a later date to the external drive? Or is it better to keep downloading with the PC?

Comes down to personal preference as with most things. Many people on here use Couchpotato and Sickbeard. I refuse to use them and prefer to manually do all of that.

So, I wouldn't say it comes down to what is "best" but rather what you are comfortable doing. The best most efficient option isn't something everyone may be comfortable settingup/doing and it may be overkill for your situation.

Like I could tell you:
"No, it's not best, the best way to do it would be to have your Android running as a pure client. Then, have a rackmount server running UNRAID in a location taht won't distrub you. Preferably with 12-40 hotsway bays. Then have another box offsite to use as a backup. Then, have another box to use as a download/media ripping tool. You could rack that as well. Probably want a 4770k processor minimum to ensure your encodes are decently fast but maybe you could step up to an extreme edition processor, maybe even Xeon if money isn't an issue." Blah blah blah (and I'm sure there are much more complex setups than this this is just what I could think of that's remotely relevant to me. Seen much more on AVSforum and here).

That's probably overkill for a person who just has media on an external drive, something that many people would prefer not to use over just taking the drive apart and sticking into a PC where they're sure it won't be dropped (lost 2TB of data that way dropping an external drive). I'd personally NEVER use an external drive as anything other than a secondary source of storing something and a non moving/STORED source. So I'd fill up the external drive, then box it and put it away somewhere where it won't be used unless I need to restore my files.

So it's really dependent on what you need. Not what we guess you need but we can tell you what we do which is probably the question that is more relevant. What is best though, isn't always what you need.

(2014-04-30, 17:59)Tradavang Wrote: As a new player I wouldn't know which are banned, so that's one of the reasons for my question, you'll point me in the right way for good stuff. And as for pirates, let's be honest lost of the stuff that will be watched through this system is pirated. lol.

If you're looking for what the best pirate/nonXBMC supported addons are, then you're on the wrong forum. You could easily though have figured out which forum you need to be on as pretty much any remote attempt at figuring out that type of information would lead you to their forums.

Or a simple google search which is mind boggling how many times a question like that is answered when a simple google search would yield you the answers your looking for. But well, this age of internet users is way too lazy to ever google anything.

I highly doubt anyone here even uses those addons TBH anyway so you'd be asking the wrong user group.
Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed reply tential. Some interesting points there.
Cinema experience

And the opensubtitles addon
(2014-04-30, 19:13)natethomas Wrote: High on the list of addons that I constantly think I SHOULD install, but never get around to, is PseudoTV, which remains a fairly genius idea IMO.

you should check out this fork of PseudoTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1 word answer is enough.0