Release PartyMode Autostart

Description:

This service simply executes party mode or playlist on Kodi startup or on screensaver.

Install, enable it (if not already) and enjoy!
If you want change any delays, screensaver and other options go in addon settings.

Latest release: v0.9.2 - date: 05.03.2021 (Kodi 19)
Latest release support for Kodi 18 and below: v0.9.1b (available in the official repo)

Latest update is on the official addons repository => Automatic update Nod

You can also download from here https://github.com/elbowz/partymode-auto...master.zip for manual update.

Source available: https://github.com/elbowz/partymode-auto...mc-service

Support
  • If you would like contribute to the projects, feel free to do: fork, pull-request, issues, etc...
  • ...or if you want help but don't understand "addon programming", you can offer me a coffee or a beer:

Image Image

Changelog

!! PLEASE TEST AND REPORT ANY PROBLEMS AND SUGGESTIONS !!!

Enjoy!
thank you very much! just tried it and worked great
I'm glad to know you like it. thanks Smile
also wanted to say thx.
Would be great if you would add the possibility to play user-created playlists instead of partymode.
that way lot of skins could get rid of the "autoplay playlist on start-up" option which really doesnt belong into skin settings. Smile
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2014-11-07, 19:56)phil65 Wrote: also wanted to say thx.
Would be great if you would add the possibility to play user-created playlists instead of partymode.
that way lot of skins could get rid of the "autoplay playlist on start-up" option which really doesnt belong into skin settings. Smile

Sorry, I see only now your request...I don't know why, sometime the forum don't send me notification mail. Huh

About your issue, I think can be done...I can let user choose one of the pre-existent playlist in my add-on setting.

I didn't know that "autoplay playlist at start-up" was a skins feature... Smile
Release v0.6.6b

Changelog
- Added PartyMode Autostart to programs
- Support for playlist instead of partymode
Is it possible to add a volume adjustment to the settings so I can set the volume down a little on music played with screensaver. Also is it possible to get rid of the pop up notification when the addon starts with screensaver? Many thanks, liking this addon a lot Smile
Hi huzz!

Make me understand, please:
  • A separated volume ONLY when PartyMode start by scrensaver
  • No pop up notification when PartyMode start by screensaver

is it right?
Hi Muttley thanks for the quick response! For me I only use the addon for playing background music when the screensaver starts so would be good if I could preset the volume of the music played to say 80% of normal volume so it's no as loud as normal. You are correct on the second point.

Also I've started using the screensaver 'multi slideshow screensaver' to show a sideshow of my own pictures but it doesn't seem to play well with your addon. This is what happens; the screensaver is initiated - the album that starts playing shows on screen (music starts playing) - the slideshow starts - then the slideshow hangs for a couple of seconds - then starts again but no new pictures are displayed leaving a blank screen. Then the only way to exit is to stop the music

Hope this makes sense, thanks for your help [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
ok...give me some days.

I'm quite busy.

thanks for your suggestions!
Hi,

the plugin is working great and a cool idea!

Nonetheless... Is it possible to hide the infobar on top "party mode is getting started" , "countdown" and last but not least start the music in background?

My personal setup is to start Kodi with an intro video which is partially hidden by the plugin status bars. And I would prefer just to have afterwards some background music in the main menu, without loosing the used behavior. Right now the main menu is not visible after party mode started..

Thanks Wink
(2015-03-14, 15:26)MiBe Wrote: Hi,

the plugin is working great and a cool idea!

Nonetheless... Is it possible to hide the infobar on top "party mode is getting started" , "countdown" and last but not least start the music in background?

My personal setup is to start Kodi with an intro video which is partially hidden by the plugin status bars. And I would prefer just to have afterwards some background music in the main menu, without loosing the used behavior. Right now the main menu is not visible after party mode started..

Thanks Wink

I think already you can...just you have to play with plugin settings Smile
Release v0.8.0b

Changelog
- Added volume control (thanks to gravewrought - pr#1)
Hi Muttley,
thank you for your addon. I would like to know if is possible to set the loop mode for the playlist selected. My idea is to have a video or videos that always looping upon Kodi start.

thx
Den
Thanks for this great addon. For info, I wanted to start a playlist in 'Party Mode' so I changed the line 65 in PartyModeAutostart.py to:

xbmc.executebuiltin("XBMC.PlayerControl(PartyMode(" + self.startupPlaylistPath + "))")

and it works!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PartyMode Autostart0