Win No focus on startup - task bar visible
Hello,

I launch Kodi automatically along with windows.
I have two problems though.
1. When Kodi is launched, the taskbar is visible and my button presses on the remote don't go into Kodi. I have to click with the mouse before I can use the remote. Sometimes after Kodi is finished looking for new video content, the remote starts working on its own. Is there a way to make the computer focus on Kodi?

2. I use MPC-HC as primary video player. Sometimes, when the player closes after a video file is finished, Kodi's resolution will be screwed up and only show a part of the Kodi interface will be visible in a much lower resolution. The behaviour is the same on a 1080p TV and a 720p projector.
For the first problem, you can try KodiLauncher (XBMCLauncher).
I've been fighting with a focus issue as well, and found that my issue is the iMon Manager app stealing focus at boot. I've used XBMCLauncher with great success, but I wanted to point out an easy way to find out what's stealing focus when you start up.

Turn on debugging (System Settings > Debugging > Enable debugging)
Restart the computer, or shut down and start back up (basically, reproduce the focus issue.)
Once you reproduce the issue, exit Kodi, then open the log at C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\xbmc.log
Do a search in the log (CTRL+F) for the word focus. You should find a line that indicates the path of the app taking focus. From there it's easy enough to troubleshoot.
Thanks you two. I was just about to answer.
I reinstalled KodiLauncher and now the focus stays on Kodi. If the issue comes back, I'll check the log.

Has anybody ever seen the resolution issue?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No focus on startup - task bar visible0