PVR Radio stuttering
I've noticed a problem with latest 15.0 alpha
Tv works perfectly.
Radio (it happens with dvb-s, dvb-t and analog FM) after changing a channel for the first time, has a cycling stutter (seems every sec).
This doesn't happen the first time I select a radio channel (works well), but only after changing channels.
This has gone away after playing with advancesettings.xml.
Happens both on windows and android.
Any suggestions?
Thank you,
sdf
Cannot reproduce it on my development system. Could you post a debug Kodi.log file?
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Sorry Margro, didn't see your reply.
Here it is: http://www.xbmclogs.com/pov56eni8
Thank you,
sdf
I find the same on both a Windows and Raspberry Pi OpenELEC system.

Do you need more logs to help fix this? I can give the full log if needed, but it shows

19:17:07 T:12760 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
19:17:07 T:544 WARNING: Previous line repeats 2 times.
19:17:07 T:544 NOTICE: CDVDPlayerAudio::OutputPacket skipping a packets of duration 24
19:17:07 T:544 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 7 times.
19:17:07 T:544 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
19:17:08 T:12760 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
19:17:08 T:544 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
19:17:08 T:544 NOTICE: CDVDPlayerAudio::OutputPacket skipping a packets of duration 24
19:17:09 T:544 NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
19:17:09 T:544 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
19:17:09 T:12760 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video):Tongueut MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
19:17:09 T:544 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.

repeatedly.
This doesn't seem to be a MediaPortal specific issue, I experienced this with VBox.
Note that the radio channel I tried is coded as HE-AACv2 multiplex as LATM (inside a Transport Stream), I can provide a sample.

http://xbmclogs.com/p8ovo0sta#line-887

Edit: sample: https://db.tt/toODjuOD
I had an issue with certain AAC streams in Kodi too, specifically streams with the LATM extension. It could be that ffmpeg doesn't support it properly.
For me, recorded radio plays fine. Live radio, with the same data type, is the problem.
In my configuration it happens only with MediaPortal Backend and with every stream and codec, and I think it is strictly related to Mp, because it's independent from the frontend
Bye,
sdf
Yep, recorded audio plays great, my pvr server also acts as upnp server and when playing the live radio through kodi's upnp client it also works flawlessly.
I have this issue now on Two boxes both using Media Portal one is v1.2 and the other is v2 both play Live / Recorded TV 100% and Recorded Radio is fine, live Radio stutters constantly.

If you preview the Radio Channel in MP TV Setup works without fault.
I have the same problem, also MP
If you pause the live playback then hit Play then the stuttering stops.

been a long term XBMC/Kodi user for Media playback, but have always used MCE for Live TV/Radio.
Looking at the MediaPortal as a solution for Live TV/Radio due to Windows 10 dropping MCE.
(2015-07-30, 13:30)RalphUp Wrote: If you pause the live playback then hit Play then the stuttering stops.

been a long term XBMC/Kodi user for Media playback, but have always used MCE for Live TV/Radio.
Looking at the MediaPortal as a solution for Live TV/Radio due to Windows 10 dropping MCE.

I can confirm this. I sometimes get a bit of stuttering on live TV and pausing also fixes that. I guess the buffering is not handled as well on Kodi as it is on MediaPortal over the network.

I don't actually have Kodi running on the PC that is being used as the TV server, so I can only comment on networked computers.

At least we have a workaround, but it would be better if Kodi could work out where it is getting ahead of itself and pause to get enough data from the server.
It seems to me that the same happens also on localhost (the same machine)
Bye,
sdf
(2015-07-31, 09:54)mcelliott Wrote:
(2015-07-30, 13:30)RalphUp Wrote: If you pause the live playback then hit Play then the stuttering stops.

I can confirm this. I sometimes get a bit of stuttering on live TV and pausing also fixes that. I guess the buffering is not handled as well on Kodi as it is on MediaPortal over the network.

I don't actually have Kodi running on the PC that is being used as the TV server, so I can only comment on networked computers.

At least we have a workaround, but it would be better if Kodi could work out where it is getting ahead of itself and pause to get enough data from the server.

I have no issues with LIVE TV only Live Radio via LocalHost

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Radio stuttering0