Problem with shoutcast in latest build
When launched, shoutcast causes XBMC to exit.
XBMC: Revision # SVN: 13953
No logs were created.

I replicated the problem but no log file was written. Is there anything else I can try to get a log.
XBMC should begin writing a log as soon as it's launched unless the PPA is acting different than the SVN for some reason. Under the SVN version in the BUILD directory there is a file named xbmc.log and also xbmc.old.log - both of these are logs of XBMC's activity. I find these in the same directory as the binary xbmc-xrandr if that helps locate the right place using the PPA. If you can find this you will want to copy\paste it to pastebin.ca or pastebin.com and drop the URL here to save space.

Anyone else running PPA that can confirm log creation and location?
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
When launched, shoutcast causes XBMC to exit.
XBMC: Revision # SVN: 13969

Here is the url of the log
http://pastebin.com/d5c7798e5
Install libcurl (apt-get).

Should be in the README.linux. Did you read it?
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I read the Readme.Linux , and installed it when I first installed Ubuntu 8.04 (386) and xbmc. When I rebooted it gave me and error so I uninstalled everthing. So I just did a clean install of everything again to be in the safe side, but I never installed libcurl again.

I will try it again later today, and will get back.
Everything listed in the README.linux HAS to be installed.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Hello, I am having the same problem as vtech72, and my log is pretty much identical to his with the error being with libcurl. I installed xbmc by using the Hardy SVN Daily PPA.

From reading the PPA thread, I was under the impression that since I was installing from the PPA, all the dependencies listed in the Readme.linux wasn't necessary. I even checked the Synaptic Package Manager and libcurl3 was listed as being installed.

A bit off topic, but I also noticed that the web server doesn't work correctly. I even changed the port to 8080 since I read somewhere that 80 would not work. I was thinking this might be a related problem since I might have missed something.

I am a linux newbie so any insight on anything I missed or did incorrectly would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Hi, Kagem

I have mines working now. What you need to do is go to the Synaptic Package Manager. Click on search and write libcurl. It will search for all libcurl packages, check the box next to libcurl3 and install and apply. Make sure it has a check on it. You might see it like it's installed , but it's not.

Thank You
Tslayer, BLKMGK, and Althekiller
Thanks vtech72 but unfortunately that didn't work. It was already installed so I was unable to select install. Instead I tried to reinstall it but that didn't make a difference. Maybe my problem is different from yours so here is my info and log:

1. Ubuntu 8.04
2. 32bit
3. PPA
4. SVN:13986
5. Using "shout://www.shoutcast.com/sbin/newxml.phtml" as the source, when I select it in music, XBMC drops to the desktop.
6. http://pastebin.com/m45134fc2
Just because we ask to see the log doesn't mean you can't look at it for blaringly obvious problems. Such as...
Quote:01:01:08 T:3060324288 M: 44052480 ERROR: Unable to load /usr/lib/libcurl.so, reason: /usr/lib/libcurl.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

You need to (re)install libcurl.
althekiller Wrote:Just because we ask to see the log doesn't mean you can't look at it for blaringly obvious problems. Such as...

You need to (re)install libcurl.

I'm sorry but I did look at the log which is why in my initial post I said I thought my problem was identical to vtech72's since we had the same error in the log. vtech72 then suggested to install libcurl which I tried to do but was unable since it was already installed. So I reinstalled it, which I stated in my previous post made no difference.
Check your filesystem to see if it is there or not. If it isn't, bitch to Ubuntu folks Smile

Well I checked in /usr/lib/ and there was no libcurl.so just like the error says but I noticed there were links called libcurl.so.3 and libcurl.so.4 which just pointed to another libcurl.so.4 file so I just made another link to the file called libcurl.so and everything works now. Thank you all for the help!
hey,

hope this doesn't annoy anybody, but I am also having problems with shoutcast.
I did everything the readme say, got all packages installed on ubuntu 8.04.
Using SVN rev 15446 on Linux 2.6.24-19-generic SMP
What happens is, I try to add shoutcast as source, I get all the genres listed, but no matter which one I enter is empty inside. No stations, nada.
Libcurl is installed, plus I created the link libcurl.so -> libcurl.so.4.0.1
Could the libcurl version also matter? I think in Hardy, there is no more libcurl.so.3 available ...?

thanks for any help

boba
Please pastebin your xbmc.log. The libcurl issue is resolved already by searching /usr/lib.

Let's see what your log shows us.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with shoutcast in latest build0