• 6(current)
XBMC for Windows, rev 14125
Using Rev 14125, XBMC on Vista x64 SP1

Tried opening Chinese songs with Unicode ID3 tags and Big5 filenames and they refused to work... All I get for those files is "ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source"

arial.ttf has been replaced with arialuni.ttf and the system language for Non-unicode programs has been set to Chinese (HK S.A.R)

This setup works fine for FLAC + Cue Sheets with Unicode
Does the 14125 read the Advancedsettings.xml at all? I assume it belongs in the folder Master user points to but I have tried putting it in numerous locations and none of its parameters are read. The log does not say anything about the file even if I insert errors on purpose.

Thanks for the clarification in advance,

MrZ
Advancedsettings.xml either goes in the install directory\userdata or in c:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\XBMC\UserData. It depends if you are using the -p switch when you start XBMC. Check your shortcut. -p means use the default WinXP userprofile directory.
Hi kricker!

Thanks for the response.
Exactly, without the -p it will definately read xmls in the install directory. My problem is if I put Advancedsettings.xml there it still will not read it. To avoid misstakes I have reduced it only to hold:
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>-1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Not even I can miss a typo in that short phrase (I hope)

MrZ
hi
i need help for play dvd with the rev 14125
i have try change the libdvdcss-2.dll with the old version or t3ch.the rev 14125 dont want play my dvd
Thank
mode2006 Wrote:hi
i need help for play dvd with the rev 14125
i have try change the libdvdcss-2.dll with the old version or t3ch.the rev 14125 dont want play my dvd
Thank
Nothing worked for me either. I had to compile my own from a later svn for DVDs to even kinda work. If you don't wantto compile your own, best just wait for a new build to be released.
mrz Wrote:Hi kricker!

Thanks for the response.
Exactly, without the -p it will definately read xmls in the install directory. My problem is if I put Advancedsettings.xml there it still will not read it. To avoid misstakes I have reduced it only to hold:
<advancedsettings>
<loglevel>-1</loglevel>
</advancedsettings>

Not even I can miss a typo in that short phrase (I hope)

MrZ
I can tell you my advancedsettings.xml file is read properly from either location. If I were you. I'd remove the -p switch and make sure it's using userdata from the install folder. Then make a obvious edit to the advancedsetting.xml file like:
PHP Code:
<fullscreen>true</fullscreen
Whihc should launch XBMC in fullscreen. Make sure your shortcut doesn't have the -fs switch.
kricker!
You are right and I'm wrong it does work without the -p. Can't get it to work with -p though but that's no problem.

Thanks again,

MrZ
mrz Wrote:kricker!
You are right and I'm wrong it does work without the -p. Can't get it to work with -p though but that's no problem.

Thanks again,

MrZ
You have the reverse problem of this thread.
Did anyone have any ideas about my crash problem that I posted a few pages back? Link to Post

I found a thread here talking about exactly the same issue, but it was for the Xbox version and was supposedly related to having a locked hard drive, which obviously doesn't apply.
I'm having a problem installing this one. when I try to install it all I get an error message that says: "NSIS Error.. Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy."

I tried redownloading the installer but it didn't help. and I couldn't find it anywhere other than the link provided in this thread.

any suggestions?
CoLD FiRE Wrote:I'm having a problem installing this one. when I try to install it all I get an error message that says: "NSIS Error.. Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy."

I tried redownloading the installer but it didn't help. and I couldn't find it anywhere other than the link provided in this thread.

any suggestions?

are you trying to install on vista by any chance?
have you got correct folder permishions? try running the installer as admin
rudeboyx Wrote:are you trying to install on vista by any chance?
have you got correct folder permishions? try running the installer as admin

No, I'm using Windows XP and I do have the right permissions to install. I even tried installing it as the administrator but with no luck

also tried installing on another computer and still it didn't work

I sent the link to a friend so he'd try it on his computer and I'll send the results later
maybe try to download it again. Sounds like the archive got broken somehow.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I have to say that im impressed how good this works on my notebook (Fujitsu-Siemens amilio pro v3205, coredual 1,66 GHz, 2 GB ram and Intel graphics) HD movies is not working of course Smile
Livingroom: MacMini Mid summer 2010 4Gb RAM HDMI to Pioneer PDP-434 Plasma 1080i
Kitchen: one xbox 1.1 executer 2.3 chip 120 GB in HD 720p mode
Bedroom: Computer Intel Quad 9400, 8 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX260, Vista Ultimate 64, Ubuntu 10.10
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows, rev 141250