Web Server not running
Hello,
I'm new to xbmc, and I have it set up on Hardy. I'm trying to activate the web interface, but it doesn't seem to work. After checking the "Enable Web Server" and even restarting xbmc, it doesn't work. I tried http://localhost on the same computer and I get nothing (couldn't connect to server).

Is this a common problem? Am I missing something? I installed the PPA build for Hardy. I'm not sure how else to get you information about my version, since in the System information it says "XBMC SVN:Unknown (Compiled: May 18 2008).
try changing port number it is listening on to something like 8080.
Then try http://localhost:8080

I found it wouldn't work on 80 but assumed (probably wrongly) it was conflicting with something in Hardy
XFX nFORCE 630I, ASUS EN9400gt (512m), Antec Fusion V2 case, E6850 @ 3Ghz, 2GB 800mhz Ram.
Sony KDL52X3100. Integra DTR10.5.
That seems to have changed something. Now I get the message:
Access Error: Site or Page not Found
You can't run services on ports <1024 w/o root access.
Ok, well, I'm using port 8080 now, and I'm getting:

Access Error: Site or Page not Found

So it seems the server's running, but it's not returning anything. Anyone know what could be wrong?
You need to update, I don't believe the web interface was being extracted at the time of you build. BTW, use the SVN PPA not the "stable" one.
I had this problem too since I had to install the "rar"-package before compliling the svn-version ..

sudo apt-get install rar unrar

And then try to complile it again, worked for me Smile
I also had the same problem.
I am running on Ubuntu Hardy and just have the basic install and the web server was not running. I am running as a non root user so I had to change the port to 8080 and restart xbmc.

I did what xnuggidk mentioned: sudo apt-get install rar unrar
as well just in case that was required.

Works correctly now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web Server not running0