Which wireless HTPC keyboard+mouse?
Thumbs Up 
bionic1234 Wrote:Yes, Keyboard, Mouse, and wireless XBOX1 controller that I was still using.
touchpad mouse takes a little getting used to, but now I can power off XBMC, use Gutsy (ie; firefox, terminal, open office, etc.), and then reopen XBMC all from one remote.

There is a manual switch right beside the touchpad that lets you switch from mouse to arrow pad.
Ok button is on the left side of the keyboard in a comfortable location.

Also last night I tried the media buttons across the top of the keyboard and they all work as well in XBMC (ie; play/pause, stop, advance, etc.)

and my wife really likes the diNovo mini interface as well (finds it more comfortable than wired keyboard and the XBOX1 controller)

cheers

Okay, that sucker looks nice! I have the MCE keyboard but have yet to get it working, sounds like this one might have been even easier? Looks like I need to go price huntingNod

Edit: Oh yeah - Wii remote doesn't need a Wii to work, is Bluetooth I believe so just need a BT receiver.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
JATWolf Wrote:Probably a VERY stupid question here but just so I can understand if I am interpreting this correctly... Can this Wiiremote be used for XBMC even if you DON'T have a Wii? This would be awesome and I would get one if this is possible. If someone gets a good laugh at this question it's worth the gains that could be had if it works like I think Smile

No question is stupid, nor should you feel afraid of asking a question. but anyways, No you dont need a Wii for this to work.

All you need is a computer with linux, a bluetooth connection, and the WiiRemote.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Hi

Does anyone know how to get the wii remote working using gutsy server?.Im using a usb bluetooth dongle and ive installed the xbmc-eventclients-wiiremote but the remote wont connect. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
harryzimm Wrote:Hi

Does anyone know how to get the wii remote working using gutsy server?.Im using a usb bluetooth dongle and ive installed the xbmc-eventclients-wiiremote but the remote wont connect. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Did you start the eventclient? Installing it doesn't make it run.
harryzimm Wrote:Hi

Thanks

Also this discussion should be ie in this thread, so if you still are having troubles with it please post there, and be more specific, does the eventclient say anything when you run it, ie spits out an error message to the terminal? does it pop up in XBMC that it has connected, and as always post a full debug log on http://www.pastebin.ca
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I have one of the mini Logitech keyboards on the way now! Purchased off of eBay for about $100 if anyone else is interested in picking one up. I am hoping I can use both this and my normal remote control under XBMC, will report as I learn more. Bioinc1234 - any additional info provided would be welcomed.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
I hope you didn't buy a keyboard yet because I know the answer to this.

Go to best buy or walmart and buy the silver ps3 keyboard. Not the one with the bluetooth dongle (the black one) but the silver one that just has the little radio receiver.

It is, by far, THE BEST HTPC KEYBOARD. It has a touchpad built in and kicks the MCE keyboards ass. I have done the htpc thing for about 5 years now and I have been through several keyboards. I am telling you, without a doubt, it is the easiest most useful thing I have ever bought. I picked it up off froogle for 45 bucks shipped about 6 months ago and it has made my life 20% better.

Let me know how it goes...
flexgrip Wrote:I hope you didn't buy a keyboard yet because I know the answer to this.

Go to best buy or walmart and buy the silver ps3 keyboard. Not the one with the bluetooth dongle (the black one) but the silver one that just has the little radio receiver.

It is, by far, THE BEST HTPC KEYBOARD. It has a touchpad built in and kicks the MCE keyboards ass. I have done the htpc thing for about 5 years now and I have been through several keyboards. I am telling you, without a doubt, it is the easiest most useful thing I have ever bought. I picked it up off froogle for 45 bucks shipped about 6 months ago and it has made my life 20% better.

Let me know how it goes...

Can you use the included RF dongle with this one

http://cgi.ebay.nl/LOGITECH-PLAYSTATION-...ZViewItem?
You sure you want a full sized keyboard in the living room? I have an MCE one and it really gets in the way - VNC via a laptop has actually worked out better! big laptops collect dust and crumbs, the little DiNovo has a cover and looks pretty good.
That link you posted to the logitech keyboard on ebay is the exact same one i have. I don't really know what your question means about the RF dongle. The keyboard comes with an RF dongle (not bluetooth like i said).

It really is THE BEST option for an HTPC. No separate mouse. The touchpad on it is REALLY useful. And it has a right and left click keyboard key as well. So you dont have to keep moving your hands. You plug it in and it works, no install required.

As far as a keyboard "Getting in the way". xbmc crashes sometimes. sometimes you want to browse the net. sometimes your downloads don't extract properly and need a manual touch. So if you actually have an HTPC, you NEED a keyboard. And the MCE keyboard you bought is LESS THAN USELESS.

I bought that keyboard to accompany my MCE remote (from the hauppauge PVR-150MCE kit). It really was the worst money I ever spent. I don't know why they even put that mouse stick thingy on there. But like I said, if you have an HTPC = you need a keyboard. That logitech is the only one to own.
@flexgrip: What I mean is that there is a dongle included with the keyboard. Can you use this dongle with XBMC/Linux or do you have to have something else to "connect" the keyboard to the system..
us1111 Wrote:@flexgrip: What I mean is that there is a dongle included with the keyboard. Can you use this dongle with XBMC/Linux or do you have to have something else to "connect" the keyboard to the system..

Hmmm.. I may not edit my posts? Why?

Also what I mean is if you need somekind of other receiver to get the keyboard working or can I use the dongle on my PC and will linux/windows detect the keyboard?
us1111 Wrote:Hmmm.. I may not edit my posts? Why?

Also what I mean is if you need somekind of other receiver to get the keyboard working or can I use the dongle on my PC and will linux/windows detect the keyboard?

Ohhh. I get what you mean. No, like, the receiver doesn't have to really connect. The computer pretty much sees it as a usb (plugged in) keyboard. So you can use the keyboard in the entire system, even the bios.

Pretty much think of it like a usb keyboard without the usb cable. Everything you need to have for xbmc and anything else is in that package. Make sure you dont get the more expensive black one that has the bluetooth dongle. It doesnt work with linux.

I cannot stress how awesome the touchpad works compared to the first keyboard's mouse i bought (the mce keyboard). It turns your HTPC setup into a usable computer.
Actually, I am using the DiNovo keyboard - it also has a touchpad, all of the keys I need, is small enough to fit in my palm, is backlit, uses an RF BT dongle, and has a cover so umm - it is far from useless. My sig has links to info. The MCE keyboard also worked fine save for mouse movement, I never got around to patching that but it works for others. VNC or SSH is usually what I used until I got the DiNovo. I really like not haviong half my table taken up by a keyboard\crumb catcher. but to each his own - simply showing an alternative that is working fine for others.
The email I got from Logitech said that you cannot get into the BIOS with that DiNovo because it needs a driver. Although that thing is super trick, I think for the cash and functionality I would stick with that ps3 keyboard.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which wireless HTPC keyboard+mouse?0