Error compiling
I use Arch linux and tried building from here: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=21608 Here's the error (from end of output):

Code:
config.status: creating xbmc/lib/libshout/Makefile
config.status: creating xbmc/lib/libid3tag/Makefile
config.status: creating xbmc/DllPaths_generated.h
config.status: creating config.h

------------------------
  XBMC Configuration:
------------------------
  Debugging:    No
  Profiling:    No
  OpenGL:       Yes
  Joystick:     Yes
  XRandR:       Yes
  PCRE Support: Yes
  ccache:       No
  prefix:       /usr
------------------------

make -C guilib
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/bobby/installs/xbmc/src/XBMC/guilib'
g++ -MD -c -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -O2 -DNDEBUG=1 -DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -I/usr/include/hal -I/usr/include/lzo -O2 -DNDEBUG=1 -DDBUS_API_SUBJECT_TO_CHANGE -I/usr/include/dbus-1.0 -I/usr/lib/dbus-1.0/include -I/usr/include/hal -I/usr/include/lzo -D_LINUX -D_FILE_DEFINED -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64  -DHAS_SDL_JOYSTICK -DHAS_XRANDR -DHAS_PCRE -D'SVN_REV="exported"' -DINSTALL_PATH="\"/usr/share/xbmc\""  -DDLL_PATH_LIBCURL="\"/usr/lib/libcurl.so.4\"" -I. -Icommon -I../xbmc -I../xbmc/cores -I../xbmc/linux -I../xbmc/utils -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/SDL  ActionManager.cpp -o ActionManager.o
In file included from /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/../../../../include/c++/4.3.2/bits/stl_algo.h:65,
                 from /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/../../../../include/c++/4.3.2/algorithm:67,
                 from ../xbmc/linux/../../guilib/StdString.h:664,
                 from ../xbmc/linux/XHandle.h:27,
                 from ../xbmc/linux/PlatformInclude.h:26,
                 from system.h:136,
                 from include.h:32,
                 from ActionManager.cpp:22:
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/../../../../include/c++/4.3.2/cstdlib:132: error: ‘::realloc’ has not been declared
make[1]: *** [ActionManager.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bobby/installs/xbmc/src/XBMC/guilib'
make: *** [guilib] Error 2
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...
Welcom to the forums!

Please contact the package maintainer as it is unofficial and we can't possibly support it. Something seems screwy with your build system since realloc() IS SUPPOSED TO BE declared in cstdlib. If anyone has a clue as to why a distro is being retarded it would be someone willing to maintain packages for it. He seems fairly active so leaving a comment on the package page would likely get his attention.
Thanks, I am at the download page on xbmc.org here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=185738 How do I install since I am not running Ubuntu?
you install ubuntu or you build from source.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I think I solved this on my arch install. I manually edited the /usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.3.2/../../../../include/c++/4.3.2/cstdlib file and commented out line 96

//#undef realloc

I did this to compile boxee, and it seems to work.
the fix for this problem is to remove nvidia-utils package with pacman -Rd nvida-utils and installing libgl pkg with packan -S libgl, build .. when done remove libgl pacman -Rd libgl and install nvidia-utils again pacman -S nvidia-utils
works here and from what ive seen it works for most archers
I have an Intel GMA 945M card and I was able to compile the code, but it seg faults. So it was useless. I would recommend for you to get the ubuntu binary and run it that way.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error compiling0