Since last release Beta-Christmas-08 which has been pretty popular (more than 2000 download in 1 month and a half), we have been working very hard in order to offer you the Installer Passion XBMC Pre-1.0:
- nicer Interface, more customizable
- new views, especially 'media info' vue which allows you to read directly the information about an item or a beautiful carousel
- faster interface, information are now loaded really faster than before
- a huge update of items available on the server as well as description of tose items
- compatibility with al OS including Mac this time
We hope you will enjoy it. There is still some work to do, but we are getting closer to the 1.0 release.
I would like to thank Frost who is the main creator of the new GUI, we are very lucky to have him in the team.
I also want to thank mikko70 for translating the installer in Finnish but also for making few improvements and making proposal of improvement.
Finally thanks to the people of the team Passion-XBMC who participated to this project : Seb, Shaitan, Temhil, Jahnrik, Alexsolex, Frost
We hope you will enjoy it, please do not hesitate to give us your feedback or issues you would notice.
Some of you ask for a way to sort item by date and we are currenlty working on it as well as a way to make easy the upload of you creation on our server.
Please feel free to tell us improvement you would like, and we can see what we can do.
Mostly this script is an installer for XBMC (similar for instance to xbmc-script for the script part).
It allows to:
- Download and install items available on Passion-XBMC FTP server maintained by our team ( stock.passionxbmc.org ): skins, scrapers, scripts and plugins
- Display information about items (Screenshot and description)
- Manage skins, scrapers, scripts and plugins already installed in XBMC (delete, rename, move, copy, run ...)
- Browse the forum of Passion-XBMC (RSS feed), even thus the UI will be in English, most of the messages will be in French (but not all of them).
- On PC and MAC you can setup the script in order to start the browser in order to go on the forum.
Script/plugins/skins and scrapers are mostly in English and the description window will tell you what is the language of the item. We try to have a content for everybody, now we also have scripts/plugins in Dutch, German and Spanish.
You will probably recognized a lot of scripts and plugins (i.e Voinage plugins) posted here, we try to centralized them in order to make easy the install, usually version available on the server are up to date and working, but since we are not testing them everyday and we are not necessarily of the lasted release (really time consuming) but in general it shouldn't be too bad, also please let us know when you see something broken, we will remove it.
We tried to create an interface the most user friendly we could, but you will need at least to be use to XBMC interface.
The Installer Passion-XBMC is a script (not a plugin), so you will have to install it in:
!!CAUTION!!: with the automatic update you will lose all the configuartion files of the Installer (deleted for compatibility reasons)
You have the choice between for section: "Skins", "Scrapers", "Scripts" and "Plugins" (itself spited in 4 sub-sections).
Just click on one element of a section for downloading and installing (in installer part of the script) it or rename, delete, move, copy, run it (in manager part of the script).
- To go back (parent directory), press:
- BACK button on XBOX remote
- B (RED) on XBOX pad
- Backspace on PC or MAC
- To get an item description window (in installer part of the script), select an item and press:
- INFO button on XBOX remote
- I on MAC or PC
- To display context menu, it will present you options, such as 'Information', 'Install', 'Switch Media' depending where you are, press:
- TITLE button on XBOX remote
- WHITE button on XBOX pad
- C on MAC or PC
It is now possible to choose the type of view displayed in the interface of the script (see screenshot).
The default view Media Info give you a lot of information about each item, (but you can still get more using the item description window), but you can still use the original lsi view of the Installer, big icon view or the very nice Carousel view(see screenshot).
There are a lot of settings, the best way is you to try it, for example you can:
- change Interface color
- change Interface skin (skin PMIII HD)
- change RSS feed or deactivate it
- deactivate start-up animation (splash)
- Hide file extension on the server
- Display a fanart per element or a global fanart
- And a lot of more ...
Please feel free to send us a language XML file in your language, we will integrate it to the script
You can download the version XBMC Pre-1.0 of Installer Passion-XBMC script HERE
: update for Installer Passion-XBMC Pre-1.0 release