[Release] Repositories Installer Add-on
Thumbs Up 
Hi,

Following the thread [CONCEPT] Aggregate Unofficial Repository and having similar need for a plugin I am working on for XBMC4XBOX, I coded quickly this weekend an Program Add-on allowing to browse and install the Unofficial Repositories listed on the Wiki - Unofficial Add-on Repositories

You can install multiple repositories during the same session, but you will still need to restart XBMC in order to have the new repositories taken in account by XBMC.

It is pretty basic, but it does the job, enjoy!

It is available on the Repository Passion-XBMC or direct download on Passion-XBMC

Note: in order to have this add-on working properly we need to have the direct link on the repo zip file in the wiki (no links toward a web page or redirection - those will be ignored by this add-on, at least for now)

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

Nice, thanks...
Sweet, can't wait to try it out
Looks like this will be convenient! Big Grin
BTW, the Add-on does not have a logo yet, so if some graphic designer could make some and show it here, that would be nice.
Thanks in advance.

Also feel free to comment and say what you would like in this add-on.

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV

thanks for this temhil, at some point today i'll update the wiki page (hopefully without breaking your scraper) with a direct link to this, and a brief explanation of it.

i've got a nice lego brick icon i made for this concept, i'll upload it as soon as my new ubuntu has finished installing.
update:
here you go:

btw, just used this to install loads of repos on a new htpc, worked really well.
Temhil Wrote:BTW, the Add-on does not have a logo yet, so if some graphic designer could make some and show it here, that would be nice.
Thanks in advance.

Also feel free to comment and say what you would like in this add-on.
I didn't see anarchintosh's before I threw this one up...

Thanks for doing this. I was going to but ended up getting bogged down in the ESPN3 plugin.
Thanks guys, I have also got this one yesterday on Passion-XBMC:

Hard to choose now ...

I have released a 1.0.1 with the logo and settings in order to change the color of the text for the description.
I used the last logo since I made the change the day before yesterday, but I am totally OK to change for any of the other if people want t.

@anarchintosh and @PatK, thanks for your logos guys, I really appreciated it!

Don't know if you noticed, but the plugin is having some conflict with some descriptions and the color code it's showing, like this:

And anyway I think although the option to change color for the description is nice, that's more in the skin side.

Also, my knowledge of python and plugins/scripts is pretty basic, but it seems a piece of code of the addon if interfering with the skinning code of some views/labels. It seems you coded for the name to be bolded and the description not, but if the skinner has coded the ListItem.Label to be bolded then the codes conflict, like this:

Anyway I would be nice if instead of the description being fetched through ListItem.Label would be through ListItem.Plot. Also the first repository is getting this bold error if you don't use bold at skin label.

So to sumup, no color and bold, and the description to ListItem.Plot, and I'm just suggestion/asking for.

And for the addon, what about this image for fanart?

Last, just an idea, what about repo icons? maybe add them to the wiki and fetch them from there or include them in the addon, don't know which is the best and simpler way, but it would be nice.

I think that's, if this things are added/modified and the addon is perfect to me.
KiSUAN Wrote:And for the addon, what about this image for fanart?

Nice work. Any chance of an 1920x1080 for use as desktop background? Nod
@Temhil

what about adding icons for the repos?

could add an extra column to the table with links to icons

also, perhaps description should just go in the listitem description field?

i'll update the wiki page today and see if i can patch your code to support my wiki page update.

sorry if this breaks support for a few hours!
Hi guys,

Thanks very much for the feedback, it is really helpful.

Concerning the bold and color, I didn't realized it could have been a conflict with some skin, the reason why I did is is because:
- I coded that quickly last weekend and it was easy and fast to do this way (I am not saying it is the best way)
- Since it is a progam addon, it does not work as a video addon so when I set the addon item info such as plot and title, it does not display when I press info (I am usually setting the info for a video addon) .
I asked on the developer section, and apparently it is like that for the program addon.
The only way to display the info is either like I did or I have to create a WindowXML that will be called and display the info (like nuka did with the SVN Repo Installer). The only problem with this option is that won't match to the design of the skin (little bit like a script if you want).

But if you know another way, please let me know I would love to do it.

What I can do for not is:
- removing the bold on the title
- making optional the description as part of the title
- making optional the color on the description in the title
- set the item info in case some skin supports it (if it is the case please let me know which one so I can test)
- add KiSUAN's fanart, is it the one you post earlier?
- I can totally add the icon if the URL is available in the wiki, it could be embedded in a image tag, in order to be displayed in html, it shouldn't be an issue to retrieve it.

I will probably to do that over the weekend, earlier if I can (or part of it)

Any other suggestion?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Repositories Installer Add-on1