Fanart and Trailer on Ubuntu
Hi folks,

I just installed xbmc latest version (8.10final I think) with MediaStream skin on my Ubuntu system. I am totally newbie, so be easy on me. I have two questions:

1. If scraper does not find any fanart on IMDB, I want to create one and add to the movie. Can I do it?

2. Trailer function doesnt work at all. In the Information screen, trailer greyed out. In the media preview, there is no trailer link at all. Does that mean trailer does not work, or I have to enable it somewhere else?

Please help,

Thanks.
Welcome to the forums.
1. Yes, see wiki/manual.
2. Bug in current mediastream IIRC. There is a thread in their sub-forum, please follow progress there.
althekiller Wrote:2. Bug in current mediastream IIRC. There is a thread in their sub-forum, please follow progress there.

Thanks althekiller, but no matter what skin I used (PM3.HD for example), the trailer is always greyed. Do I need to install something else in order for trailer to work, or just the pure XBMC?

Thanks,

D.
Perhaps you have it disabled? See "context menu > set content > settings > enable trailer". If it's enabled the scraper didn't find the trailer for one reason or another. Enable debug logging, rescan a movie that you _know_ has a trailer and upload the log to pastebin.com.
althekiller Wrote:Perhaps you have it disabled? See "context menu > set content > settings > enable trailer". If it's enabled the scraper didn't find the trailer for one reason or another.

Yeah, I did enable it. I have about 70 movies in the library now, and checking IMDB shows trailers, but none in my library has. The trailer button is just greyed out.

althekiller Wrote:Enable debug logging, rescan a movie that you _know_ has a trailer and upload the log to pastebin.com.

Sorry, how I can enable log for XBMC? I normally use the Applications menu to run it, so I guess I have to run it by terminal?

By the way, I did not build XBMC from source. I used synaptic to install it. Checking the version gives 8.10final1-gutsy4. Checking SVN version gives 16164 (Nov 14, 2008). This post (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=trailer) has the same problem, and the solution is install the latest SVN. Maybe I will have to use the svn repository, not the stable one?

Thanks,

D.
dukevn Wrote:This post (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ht=trailer) has the same problem, and the solution is install the latest SVN. Maybe I will have to use the svn repository, not the stable one?

If it's the same problem, it's solved in the same manner Smile
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:If it's the same problem, it's solved in the same manner Smile

Ha ha, yeah, if it is *exactly* the same, then I do not have to ask anybody Smile. Actually that problem was for win32 user, and some person reported that only Media Stream had problem.

Mine is for Ubuntu, and that I have never had trailer working with my version.

Thanks,

D.
I bet it will work after compiling a more recent version + using the included (updated) scrapers .. Unfortunately i don't know if there are daily ppa builds lately.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:I bet it will work after compiling a more recent version + using the included (updated) scrapers .. Unfortunately i don't know if there are daily ppa builds lately.

I actually did it already. I added svn repository for ubuntu (daily built) and upgraded my xbmc. The trailer function still does not work for any of my 100s movies. Dont know why.

D.
You will have to re-scrape the movies in order to get the trailer.
SVN PPA is not maintaned. The last update was on 16 Nov.
To get daily updates, you have to pull the source from SVN and compile on your own.

Read: README.linux
vdrfan Wrote:You will have to re-scrape the movies in order to get the trailer.

Sorry, how can I re-scrape the movies? After updating, I did a lot of update library and refresh movie information, but still with no luck. Is there anything else I have to do?

THanks,

D.
olympia Wrote:SVN PPA is not maintaned. The last update was on 16 Nov.
To get daily updates, you have to pull the source from SVN and compile on your own.

Read: README.linux

Thank olympia. But I believe I am missing something really important here, maybe a plugin, or a step needed to be done before getting trailer to work. I just tried other two versions in Mac and WIndows, still no trailer.

Anybody knows a movie that you have trailer in your XBMC so that I can tried with the fake fileHuh

Thanks,

D.
I searched the forum and found a lot of posts talking about Apple Trailer plugin. Do I have to install that plugin in order to Trailer button to work?

Thanks,

D.
This doesn't use the Apple Trailers IMO. I use a 3rd party tool - XBMC Media Companion - and I have seen a trailer button on it that DLs a trailer for me. In the past when I have used the trailer button in XBMC proper it appeared to be retrieving the trailer from somewhere as well although I'll confess I don't use it much and it has been greyed out most of the time.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart and Trailer on Ubuntu0