svn up question
Hey All,

Newbie question! Sorry. This is the first time I have run and svn up.

It starts to read the update and then stop and I get a svn conflict

I have options for
postpone
diff-full
edit

Which one do I choose.

thanks,

Dave
Do an svn revert first. Ideally there should be nothing in SVN that needs reverting (I believe there's a couple of makefiles in there that shouldn't be).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Same error here, and didn't see this thread. I chose postpone thinking I would get a shot at it later if I pulled code again but a second pull showed no errors. I got this on about 5-6 different make files Sad Make clean and Make distclean have been run but I dunno' if that helps this situation. Have I hosed my source now?
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
make reallyclean will do a svn revert for you I believe - basically it gets rid of anything that isn't in svn.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Do "tf" (their's full) for each conflict. Unless of course you've hacked the code in which case you should know WTF you're doing by now Wink
Ah, thanks guys! I ended up blasting th esource and downloading over just to be sure. Will compile it when I get home, my last compile failed - gee wonder why? Wink Hadn't heard of make reallyclean, would that also blast the userdata folder? If so that one might not be so great to do for those with full media databases!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
BLKMGK Wrote:Ah, thanks guys! I ended up blasting th esource and downloading over just to be sure. Will compile it when I get home, my last compile failed - gee wonder why? Wink Hadn't heard of make reallyclean, would that also blast the userdata folder? If so that one might not be so great to do for those with full media databases!

I spent most of the day playing with this and no matter what I tried it would not stat xbmc.bin. So finally tonight I did the same thing, I scrapped the XBMC folder and the xbmc folder BUT NOT THE .xbmc folder and then checked out the latest svn and re-compiled and all seems fine. It did not overwrite my settings and my userdata in .xbmc was fine, I just had to copy over MediaStream again and setup my network settings (set my workgroup) the rest was fine.

DVD playback seems fixed in 17266.

Dave
You should be installing skins in your ~/.xbmc/skins folder. No where else.

make reallyclean just restores your source tree back to as if it were a clean check out aside from any changes you made to versioned files. Even those changes can then be wiped with an "svn revert -R *" from the root. It never leaves your source tree so your ~/.xbmc dir should be fine, unless you're doing some really stupid stuff with links.
althekiller Wrote:You should be installing skins in your ~/.xbmc/skins folder. No where else.

Hi Al,

I have no skins in the .xbmc/skin directory, is this a manually req'd task after installation. ie pm3.hd etc are placed in /usr/share/xbmc/skin by default. Do we need to move those as well or just any new skins.

THX,

Dave
Just new ones.

IMO, we need a sticky for the various SVN commands that prove valuable like these. Something to backout user changes like svn -revert and the svn command to go back to a specific revision. The latter I've need a few times doing regression testing and have always had to look it up. Something stickied for those of us not really well versed in subversion would be a great help IMO.
BLKMGK Wrote:IMO, we need a sticky for the various SVN commands that prove valuable like these. Something to backout user changes like svn -revert and the svn command to go back to a specific revision. The latter I've need a few times doing regression testing and have always had to look it up. Something stickied for those of us not really well versed in subversion would be a great help IMO.

Great idea, how be just a complete SVN up how to. I am still not too sure I am doing it correctly and I do not want to try it again until I am sure for fear of toasting something. I guess you can always remove the XBMC and xbmc dir's and do another svn check out and build from that.

rgds,

Dave
Not likely to toast anything just using svn up every so often followed by a compilation. However occasionally things break or you need to roll back in order to test old vs new. <shrug> This was the first time I'd ever seen this error...
BLKMGK Wrote:Not likely to toast anything just using svn up every so often followed by a compilation. However occasionally things break or you need to roll back in order to test old vs new. <shrug> This was the first time I'd ever seen this error...

so is this correct process?

Cd $HOME

svn up

cd XBMC

make clean

./ Configure --options

make (-j2) if dual core cpu used.

sudo make install
just tried svn up from the XBMC directory ran through first time it error'd out with security error. Then ran svn up again got through the 17287 checkout, ran configure prefix usr no pulse then make clean and finally sudo make install and it crashed with the cannot stat xbmc.bin file again. error 1

I scrapped the XBMC folder and I am checking out svn 17287 again right now. I will report back.

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
svn up question0