XBMC skipping locally stored covers and NFO's?
Ok so I just recently started using XBMC Media companion to 'pre-scrape' all my TV shows etc... and put all the info on an external hard drive with all of my content. I then used file then browsed to the external and use the set content feature option. After that I hit update library or scan for new content, I'm not sure which one I hit... So I'm expecting it to just read all the info files and fanart and covers etc... stored on the local but then I see the 'Downloading Show Content' box appear and it's going EXTREMELY slow as if it really is pulling all the info from the net instead of from the local drive... I have about 40 TV shows and this external drive is connected through eSATA so I figure it should go quite fast; especially if it's reading all the local content. Did I do something wrong or is there a special way you're suppose add the content so it reads the local NFO files? Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Guys Smile
what version are you using?
Debug log?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I'm having the same issue, this happens with newest svn builds for me.
I've had XBMC running fine until recently I decide to use MIP to scrape my info and let it create nfos, thumbs, fanart, etc. The main thing I have now is, how do I get it to read from those instead of grabbing things from tmdb/imdb? I've done a complete fresh install because I couldnt get it to work before, remove all traces of xbmc, added the source, it scanned all my movies in (took 1hr or so), but its still grabbing things from the above mentioned scrapers. Do I need to set the content to none? I know this is whats happening because I can have a movie that it finds the movie info for, but does not find the poster that is sitting in the folder that MIP downloaded for me.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44274
Threads merged.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
even in the sticky....

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708
Has anyone solved this problem? I am having the same issue. I am using Movie Info Plus to generate all the nfos, thumbs, fanart, etc...None of this info is showing up in XBMC (I set to Library mode). Any help would be greatly appreciated
sho Wrote:This "problem" is not in library mode, are you talkning about this?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=44274

Yes, that is exactly the problem. I am not sure if a debug log would apply though, as XBMC is not crashing on me. It appears it is just not reading the nfo/thumbs I created using MIP. I am running on Windows Vista x32 using the project Mayhem III skin. My version is 8.10 SVN Unknown (Compiled Nov 13 2008).

I also made sure fanart and tv posters was enabled in the settings.
Please just follow what is asked of you if you want help.
Where does it say a debug log is only needed in the case of a crash?
Since no one has responded with a workaround and/or a fix, this is something the devs have not encountered and a debug log from when you are performing whatever it is that's failing is needed. In this case a scan to library failing to pick up nfos and tbns, preferrably to an empty library.
I've actually got it to use the local files now I believe... but now I have the issue that if I re-scrape the movie/show or edit it (like change the thumb etc...) in Media Companion, it doesn't update it in my library... it still shows the original thumb or season thumb. I also had another question about how it works in regards to local and internet scraping... Since it's now reading my local data... is there a way to scrap for new thumbs through the XBMC interface like if I wanted to scrap thumbs from tvdb or IMDB so I could get some additional choices to choose from...? If I now choose to 'set content' and choose IMDB or tvdb etc... will it re-scrape everything and overwrite everything? Or should I just use Media companion to make any changes or ad thumbs from now on?
You need to refresh the movie from the media information screen to refresh that data in the library.
But that opens a different can of worms:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4389
So like click on the movie and hit 'Information' and from within the information screen about the individual show/movie hit the refresh option? That's what you mean?
sho Wrote:You need to refresh the movie from the media information screen to refresh that data in the library.
But that opens a different can of worms:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/4389

That would be nice if it gets implemented. That's one of the reasons I avoid refreshing... I'm not a fan of having old movies show up in my "recently added" section.
mrt2 Wrote:So like click on the movie and hit 'Information' and from within the information screen about the individual show/movie hit the refresh option? That's what you mean?
Yes, did you try?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC skipping locally stored covers and NFO's?0