SVN Repo help
Ok, so I'm a noob and probably shouldn't be asking this (because it's stupid or easily found). I've been digging for days and can't find the answer. I've held off asking the noob question, but the time has come...so flame at will.

What does the svn repo do? How do I use it?
I find lots of svn info, but none seems to answer my question. I THINK it is some kind of updater....but then I'm a noob.

Also, if it doesn't update xbmc or xbmc plugins, how do you do that?
I found the update/install page, but it's REALLY vague.

Please help the new guy!
Cheers,
Bill

p.s. hope this is the right section of the forum, if not ...sorry and feel free to move.
Ok, after all the looking....I found something. Maybe it's the fact a posted a question.

I found Jesters builds page. I haven't finished all 20 something pages, yet....I'm at work. I'm guessing I'll figure out how to use them to update in that thread....so I guess all is good, or gonna be.

How do I know which build I have? I have found the scroll that says "xbmc 8.10 Atlantis etc." but is that the build I have or the newest build? I just downloaded last Monday, do I have the newest?

Still clueless on SVN Repo.Huh
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=29911

It's used to download and update xbmc addons like plugins, scripts, skins, etc.
stacked Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=29911

It's used to download and update xbmc addons like plugins, scripts, skins, etc.

Cool, I saw that thread and it left me wondering.
Do I just run the installer plugin? Is it all done from the gui or is there coding involved?

I'm guessing my problem here is I'm CONSTANTLY second guessing myself. I'm trying to catch on and read everything, but I see everyone elses problems.
follow the directions on the svn repo thread and run it. its that simple. Rofl
i deleted my old svn installer and put 1.4 in. is that okay?
if your using an old xbmc build, use version 1.3.1
Ok, I still don't get it.
I downloaded the installer. I unzipped it to the programs folder. I added the installer api as a source. When I go to it, there is nothing there. I've installed every folder in it and nothing ever shows when installed as a source. What am I doing wrong? I have been able to install other sources like Video Monkey and TV Shack and they seem to work (or at least parts of them). Any suggestions? Sorry again for what most likely is the simplest and most obvious thing I could be missing!
copy the favourites.xml from here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=29911
then download svn installer and put in ..xbmc/plugins/programs. and then it should work from your favorites menu.
stacked Wrote:copy the favourites.xml from here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=29911
then download svn installer and put in ..xbmc/plugins/programs. and then it should work from your favorites menu.

That must be my problem.
It's the favourites.xml part.
What do I do with it? Is it a copy and paste thing? Do I need a special program to do it?

I'm on a Windows Vista system, so I'm guessing I use the second sample. I could copy it, but then what?

Thanks for all your help, I can only imagine my ignorance is even more aggravating to you than me!!
open notepad, copy & paste, save as favourites.xml
stacked Wrote:open notepad, copy & paste, save as favourites.xml

I found this.....under programs files/xbmc/system/favourites.xml

- <favourites>
<favourite name="SVN Repo Installer" thumb="U:\plugins\programs\SVN Repo Installer\default.tbn">ActivateWindow(10001,plugin://programs/SVN Repo Installer/)</favourite>
</favourites>

Appears to be the same thing. Is it already done? Not quite sure where I would save it to (as in would I overwrite this file?). I'm thinking there would have been another file under favourites, that would not have matched this and I would have overwritten it. Instead, it seems to have already been saved. Hmmm.
Ok, made a bit of progress.

Had to go to mediastream skin to get to programs.
Then finally got svn repo to run there.

Well, I thought.....
Every item says "fetching..." and then "error" loading.

If it matters I have xbmc add ons and scripting (2 of each, 1 "tagged" and one not). The tagged ones try to pull the index, but hangs up at 1 of 35.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SVN Repo help0