Request: FireFox for XBMC
I know someone said it wont be done, at least not by that very person because ppl who use XBMC don't have keyboards, but i'd like to differ.

I've got myself a Logitech Dinovo mini keyboard and I'd love to see support for a web browser. It would make any other computer in my household obsolete. Big Grin

Thank you in advance!
Just use the launcher plugin thing.
could you tell me how to do that please?

that'd be absolutely fantastic
Yep, I suppose launcher would be the option for you.

But I must say..I pulled the trigger on my DiNovo Edge a few months ago and MAN!!! What a slick piece of art this keyboard is. Congrats on a great choice and I hope you enjoy it! (just keep it clean.) Smile
yep, it's absolutely stunning Smile

moreover, could any of you please help me to get the launcher going? that'd be really great and highly appreciated.
The search button at the top of this page should be plenty.
I just grabbed a DiNovo keyboard at today circuit city for $60 Big Grin

Anyways, now that I'm done bragging about that, launcher plugin will be plenty.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
I have no personal interest in this, as I don't have a keyboard. But I'd just like to point out how annoying it can be when you don't give a proper answer. The OP asked someone to explain the "launcher plugin thingy" that althekiller mentioned. No one has given any insight as to what is meant by "launcher plugin thingy"

Althekiller said "The search button at the top of this page should be plenty."

I copied and pasted "launcher plugin" into the search tool, and all that came up was THIS THREAD.

I see this in forums across the internet. "Search before you ask!" is a tired mantra screamed by arrogant "experts" who apparently don't have time to answer simple questions for newbies, yet still find time to have 12,473 posts on a forum. Sometimes, searching doesn't turn up the answer or if it does a newbie wouldn't recognize the answer if it did show up in the results of a search.

One feature I saw on a different forum, that I really liked, was instead of showing how many posts a given member had, each member had a score/rank that was the result of people clicking on their posts to vote whether the post was helpful or not.

So, out of curiousity, what the F*&# is this "launcher plugin thingy" that might somehow solve the OP's request for "firefox for xbmc"?
when I search for "Launcher plugin" the third result leads to what we're talking about. And there's more results after that. So how you managed to get just one result using the same search terms as me is beyond me and frankly unbelievable.
Searching properly is not just looking at the first result.
Lol!
i've found the thread ppl are talking about, but i still have problems, see this post if someone indeed wanna help me: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=290...tcount=254
Jeroen Wrote:when I search for "Launcher plugin" the third result leads to what we're talking about. And there's more results after that. So how you managed to get just one result using the same search terms as me is beyond me and frankly unbelievable.
Searching properly is not just looking at the first result.

I accidentally clicked the "search this thread" button instead of the main search button. My bad. Thanks for accusing me of lying, though. Rolleyes

My point remains that it's a lot nicer and easier for people who've been around to just answer a question directly (like with a link to the thread) and then politely ask that in the future the newbie do a search.
sion28 Wrote:I accidentally clicked the "search this thread" button instead of the main search button. My bad. Thanks for accusing me of lying, though. Rolleyes

My point remains that it's a lot nicer and easier for people who've been around to just answer a question directly (like with a link to the thread) and then politely ask that in the future the newbie do a search.

easier for who?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please read how to submit a proper bug report.

If you're interested in writing addons for xbmc, read docs and how-to for plugins and scripts ||| http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-addons/
rwparris2 Wrote:easier for whoM?

Easier for everyone. The person in-the-know probably knows EXACTLY what thread they are suggesting for the newbie, so it would take almost zero effort to CTRL-N a new window, find the thread, right-click -> copy URL, return to this window, paste URL.

But the "nicer" part is more important, IMO.
Right, we want to spend our free time answering a question for the 30th time just because you didn't want to search. XBMC is a hobby for us, we work on it for free in our spare time because we enjoy it. You get it for free and still feel entitled to more? That's not how this works. Opensource projects are community based. If you don't think we're providing support in a friendly enough manner, do the research and offer your free time to help others. The more questions you answer for us, the more time we have to make XBMC better.

And no, I don't go memorizing threads so I can link them later. I remember answering some question a few dozen times and there for know there ought to be plenty of info available should the user put the slightest bit of effort forth.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Request: FireFox for XBMC0