Music 10% too fast
I compiled the linuxport svn yesterday (revision 12016) no i have a problem with playing .mp3 and .flac musicfiles.

No matter what song i play it's 10% too fast
every 10 seconds of a song is played in 9 seconds in real time.

I doesn't matter if i use the paplayer of de dvdplayer

My hardware is a asus m3n78-em with a amd athlon x2 5050e
connected with hdmi cabel to my television.

Does someone have the same problem and/or has found a soulution
please submit Debug Log.
̈́
It´s probably because your HDMI device is only capable of 48khz while your audio is in 44.1khz. this would yield about 10% diff.

Cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
i have the same problem, i will post the debug later.

is there a work around? can xbmc resample the music on the fly?
put this:

<advancedsettings>
<audio>
<resample>48000</resample>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>

in .xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

Fixes it every time Smile

Pete
Pete_London Wrote:put this:

<advancedsettings>
<audio>
<resample>48000</resample>
</audio>
</advancedsettings>

in .xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

Fixes it every time Smile

Pete

Thanks for this, I was having the same issue (just set up my first Revo). Big Grin
Another solution is to put plugged:0,3 as device in audio hardware settings, this will fix mono playback aswell
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
@Topfs2:

I've seen this elsewhere but have never tried it... can you explain it a little more?

Many thanks,

Pete
go into audio hardware settings and overwrite the "default" device for audio output with "plug:0,3"

passthrough should read "hdmi"

this is such a common problem with HDMI audio, that as long as XBMC doesn't allow a drop down selection for ALSA audio output devices, we really should think about making this sticky with screenshots, guys...
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
I did that... and then any movie I tried 'could not initialise audio device'
that usually happens when you input in upper case letters or else mess up the exact name of the device you're gonna be using

depending on the recognized audio hardware and the installed ALSA version, you will have some options including but not limited to (in case of nvidia HDMI audio) "hdmi", "plug:'hw:0,3'", "hw:0,3", "plughw:0,3" where the numbers for cardnumber/identifier and device can be variable (subdevice is usually not necessary/applicable)

[see also http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/pcm.html (scroll down)]

also, you have to make sure via the aplay output which available audio device you want to use

edit: I corrected some bullshit I wrote about the various alsa interfaces. my fault.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
plughw:0,3 worked for me, after trying plug:0,3 which didn't. (Running on a Revo)

Thanks again
please correct the typing in your post in case somebody stumbles about it via the search function

edit: thanks a lot!
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
edit: I corrected some of the stuff I wrote about ALSA interfaces and device names in my previous post
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
noikz Wrote:plughw:0,3 worked for me, after trying plug:0,3 which didn't. (Running on a Revo)

yup... worked on my Revo too... thanks guys...
topfs2, of course, has a shit memory like most of team xbmc. He meant plughw.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music 10% too fast0