XBMC : I'm loving it !! (with Questions)
I recently swapped over from meedio and will never go back. From the easier learning curve to the stunning visuals (Aeon especially), XBMC has meedio beat hands down. There are also other things that catapult it above meedio such as being able to delete any media/library items from within the program and even updating the libraries automatically.

There one or two things that I'm not sure are possible so could anybody fill me in if the examples below are possible :-

1. 3 separate movie libraries - In Meedio when I clicked on movies I had three 3 options (High def, Standard def & Anime) each had there own library. So when I choose 'Movies' it takes me to the options first. Something like a sub menu for movies would be awesome.

2. Is there a shortcut that will take me back to the main menu instead of having to press back a few times ?.

3. Is it possible to get more visualizations for the music as I only have about 4 and would like some nicer ones at some point like milkdrop for example.

Thanks,
Marcus
Re: 2 - XBMC uses two "back" buttons. On the keyboard they are backspace and Esc. Backspace is primarily for navigating within menus. Esc should take you back to the main menu more rapidly.

Re: 1 - Not that I know of. XBMC doesn't really do user created folder categories, preferring only to use it's own (genre, recently added, etc.). It's expected that by next October-ish, there should be greater support for recognizing and handling different resolutions, which in turn may lead to resolution related categories. You may be out of luck on Anime.
1.)
See
http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?p=291409
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Thanks ^^
2: If you mean goto home it's possible, XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
3) They would have to be written in OpenGL and wrapped to use our viz API. ProjectM is an OpenGL port of MilkDrop, you should be able to use that with reasonable success.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC : I'm loving it !! (with Questions)0