Not a full replacement for OpenSubtitles script, as it doesn't support a lot of things, like searching for subtitles for a movie while playing and all that, I wanted to write this as a plugin as I found Leo's script locking sometimes on Xbox and man , I banged my head today against a slow OpenSubtitles.org, failing a lot, but I think I handled most of the cases where it cannot connect, login and all that...
I haven't decided whether to leave it as a "video" plugin, I was thinking it might be easier to access if it's close to video sources, but I'm just thinking now that maybe if it's a program plugin, that allows you to download a subtitles, go straight back to main menu leaving the plugin open, go to video sources, try it on and then if it doesn't work properly, get back into the still open plugin program and try another one without going through the whole process again... Anyways, waiting on feedback on that one...
- v1.3 (18 September 2009):
- [xbox] if subtitle filename including language is too long, try again without language;
- v1.2 (5 July 2009):
- add "Search for playing movie";
- add language to the subtitle file name;
- v1.1 (31 May 2009):
- allow to choose prefered subtitle language(s);
- allow to choose subtitles destination (movie directory or XBMC custom directory);
- rename subtitle(s) to match video file(s);
- enhance results list view (number of downloads);
- better resolution flags;