[Problem] Video is flickering/splitting/frame dropping?/god I can't really name it...
This is difficult to explain and find a word to describe. I've started using XBMC 19778 and now for every video that I play (be SD or 720p) the images seems to flick/split/frame drop. It's difficult to explain and I wasn't able to take a screenshot.

Think this way: for a brief time (1/4 second or something) the image seems to flick/split in some parts like it's dropping frames. In an image of 400x400 think that around height 200px (this varies btw) from 200-400 the whole images shifts 1-2px to the left. That should give an idea.

This is in a setup that has been able to play anything that was thrown at it in previous versions (18627 if I'm not mistaken).

Below is the xbmc.log with debug information turned on.

http://pastebin.com/md6f161d

If anyone can help me please let me know because finally the SSA library is picking up the ttf fonts from the right location so the all my videos have the correct formatting for the subtitles and I'll be able to drop using external player Smile

Extra info:
Core2 Duo [email protected]
3GiB 800MHz RAM
GeForce 7100 TC (ewk I know, but it's integrated into the slimline PC I've bought)
Running Windows XP SP3 fully patched
Tearing? Try enabling vsync (aka sync to vertical black) in xbmc or your gfx driver. The long doesn't really have anything too helpful in it. Other than ass subs spam the hell out of our log...
Yes! That did the trick which by transition makes the perfect setup for me finally available! Thanks for the tip and the name - I had no idea that was tearing. I'll keep that info in mind.

I think that whoever has the power can close this now Smile

Now, why have I turned it off on nvidia's control panel...?
Glad you got it working.

We'll leave the thread open so idiots can thread-jack it with off-topic questions and/or spam.
althekiller Wrote:Glad you got it working.

We'll leave the thread open so idiots can thread-jack it with off-topic questions and/or spam.

Puts his hand up, me me me!

God if only tearing was that easy to fix for me! Laugh tried just about everything and cant seem to fix it. I shift primary display to tv to have perfect playback now..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Problem] Video is flickering/splitting/frame dropping?/god I can't really name it...0