It's "dB" not "DB"
Everytime when I see "0.0 DB" it annoys me...
It's "dB" not "DB"
Yes... and? The skin is all caps. It's a design decision. While we're at it, maybe you want Team XBMC to change it to dB(A) since that would be even more accurate. Seriously, did you have to open a topic for this?
Quote:The skin is all caps. It's a design decision.
If a "design decision" results in ugliness or errors it means the design is wrong.
I thought "design" in this context meant you want it to look good.
Quote:While we're at it, maybe you want Team XBMC to change it to dB(A) since that would be even more accurate.
DB is outright wrong and ugly. I'd rather have no popup or a slider...
Quote:Seriously, did you have to open a topic for this?
As I said... It annoys me... everytime it pops up (different strokes for different folks)
frater Wrote:If a "design decision" results in ugliness or errors it means the design is wrong.
I thought "design" in this context meant you want it to look good.

As I said... It annoys me... everytime it pops up (different strokes for different folks)

It's not important wether it looks right as dB as in decibels is the correct way to write it not DB
as that is incorrect grammerBig Grin just enjoy the skin don't pick faults with what is the best skin so far for years:p
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
frater Wrote:
Quote:While we're at it, maybe you want Team XBMC to change it to dB(A) since that would be even more accurate.
Just submit a ticket on trac http://trac.xbmc.org (for XBMC that is, not for AEON)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Sora Wrote:Yes... and? The skin is all caps. It's a design decision. While we're at it, maybe you want Team XBMC to change it to dB(A) since that would be even more accurate. Seriously, did you have to open a topic for this?

Sorry, but it's not dB(A) A is for absolute, and this is NOT a measure in XBMC since XBMC cannot measure absolute volume only relative (dB)
Gamester17 Wrote:Just submit a ticket on trac http://trac.xbmc.org (for XBMC that is, not for AEON)

It's 'dB' normally but as Aeon uses mostly caps this is what's upsetting frater.
frater Wrote:Everytime when I see "0.0 DB" it annoys me...
It's "dB" not "DB"

Change the font it uses to a non CAPS one. That's what i did... Now only certain
places have all CAPS and anything i want to have Lowercase, i just use one
of those fonts.

You can change the fonts in Fonts.xml under the 720p folder
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
Was there really a thread made for this? Too bad DB is in all CAPS now Aeon will be ruined if it gets put dB lmao. J/K
Even with the amount of pointless threads in the forum this has to be the worst.
Quote:Even with the amount of pointless threads in the forum this has to be the worst.
It just shows how good everything else looks...Big Grin
yes because this is the most important thing ever.... . .
Oh the fanboyism... And yes, it's correct in skins that don't do goofy shit to the text, so please, no bug reports.
I dont mind DB so much. What really pisses me off is MBs or Mbs or MBp/s or Mbps or the other million derivatives used... because dB or DB we all know they mean the same thing, but megabits and megabytes are different... and I'm never clear what they are talking about when they use some stupid tag like MegMbs, grrr.
Lokheed Wrote:...because dB or DB we all know they mean the same thing...

umm .. decibel != database Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
It's "dB" not "DB"0