• 4(current)
[RELEASE] Sublight ("video") plugin - Download subtitles from Sublight website
@Bram77
There's a few issues/enhancement requests going on at the same time here, can you please create an issue at http://code.google.com/p/dandar3-xbmc-ad...ssues/list and post a debug xbmc.log as well, with a few details like what XBMC distribution are you using etc so I can try to replicate it. From what it seems it's not able to open the file from a Windows share, is that right? might be a bug in the SVN build, might be the code I'm using to open the file, we'll see, thanks.
I've submitted the bug including the xbmc.log.
I've tried selecting several video files, all on the network. Some files are on a NAS, some on my Linux machine and some on my girlfriends Window XP machine. I've tried video files from every possible source all resulting in the same error. All the files I've tested are playing in XBMC nicely and are not corrupted.

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Thanks Bram77, I'll look at this soon.
i tried it on gentoo linux 64-bit -- crashes with any movie file i select.

But sounds like a very nice application, looking forward to use it and being merged in xbmc eventually would be nice Big Grin
@sike420
Good thing you mentioned Linux x64, just looking at the XBMC 9.04.1 release notes:

http://xbmc.org/blog/2009/05/27/xbmc-9041-released/
Quote:[LINUX] Some plugins were crashing on 64bit

might want to try that and let me know how it works, thanks.
v1.2, see the first post - going back to the old xbmc.Player().play() when no hash can be found, may lock again, i've tried it all day though on Windows XBMC 9.04.1, hopefully it got fixed...
I have tested it. Well too bad that it is still not usable for network videos (on NAS or other network computers) like Bram77 has also mentioned. It always return script error.

So it is usable only on computer but on XBOX most people uses one of the network connections to read the video.
Are you planing to look also into that problem?

TNX
I did but I couldn't find an explanation, i just posted on the forums hopefully someone will come back, if not we need to talk it further to an XBMC Trac ticket.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51926
Wonderful update Dan Dare. To bad it always locks up when there are no results returned. Sporadically it also locks up even when there there are results. I do hope you are still planning to add a search by filename? Thank you for your work.
@Sora
Is that on Xbox? I believe I already found a fix for that, coming today - forcing to use DVD Player not only that it doesn't lock (uhuu!) but it does the playing in the background you don't even notice it...
Unfortunately it's on XBMC for Windows .rev 20720 if I remember correctly. I can post a full debug log tonight if you are interested.
I've been testing XBMC 9.04.1 on Windows (r20672) all today, in fairness with only a couple movies though... Please do, if you can.
@Sora
I've made a few changes, can you please get v1.3 using the SVN Repo Installer (not released yet on XBMC Zone).

I found that forcing to use DVDPlayer does not seem to lock XBMC on Xbox and I'm just thinking the way I was calling player.play() and immediately player.stop() it may be possible that the Python thread went on past the stop and somehow messed up the internal player statuses... I've introduced a pause of up to 3 seconds to wait for the video to start first and then stop if, hopefully it will fix the issue on Windows as well.

if you could try again with the same video you tried earlier and let me know how it goes, thanks.
I'll give it a try later today. Sorry for the debug log. I was going to post it but it was around midnight when I was done with my work for today so I didn't feel like booting up my HTPC. Thanks for the update tough.
Dan Dare: Will there be a working version of this for Linux?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Sublight ("video") plugin - Download subtitles from Sublight website1