• 1(current)
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] DTS music files (standalone .dts and .wav audio file extensions)?
Lightbulb 
I have just installed 9.04 version and DTS music albums are only reproduced in 2 channels (stereo).

Is this wrong? is this still not supported?

Thanks in advance
Still not supported in PAPlayer. Search the forums for how to do it with dvdplayer.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

you mean replacing the default music player with dvdplayer?
no. I mean forcing dts-audio files to use dvdplayer.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Lightbulb 
I have a few DTS audio files But I can play them, at least not in multichannel DTS, it plays in stereo. How I can play them or scan them to my library I can select them only if I browse in file view.

in the info when they are playing you can see in the channels area it said 6 channels but only play in stereo.

the files are in wav some of them others are in .dts
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
They contain no tags, so currently they've got nothing associated with them to get them into the library. This is something that needs to be fixed with the music library, but not something I have time for. A patch would be most welcome (or a fix by some other dev, ofcourse).

As a workaround, you should be able to add a .cue sheet with the information.

Cheers,
Jonathan

jmarshall Wrote:They contain no tags, so currently they've got nothing associated with them to get them into the library. This is something that needs to be fixed with the music library, but not something I have time for. A patch would be most welcome (or a fix by some other dev, ofcourse).

As a workaround, you should be able to add a .cue sheet with the information.

Cheers,
Jonathan

ok adding them to the library is secondary am still can see them in file vew but how I play them they play in stereo.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Depends on your version. Newer versions I think should support multichannel output of 44.1kHz DTS or AC3 streams, but I suspect only if you have analog output, in which case you probably don't get anything more than 2 channels out of your mac.

Have you tried playing them back with the dvdplayer rather than paplayer.

Will let phi know about this as he will have more ideas than I.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I'm on svn 21346

what about the extension is suppose to be .wav or .dts ?

Quote:Have you tried playing them back with the dvdplayer rather than paplayer.
yes, I only get white noise like static..

clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
OK. I can confirm that 5.1 channel DTS works fine in paplayer, but only if you have discrete outputs. On Windows or Linux, this would be a multichannel sound card or HDMI. On OSX, you would need a higher-end (M-Audio, MOTU, etc) interface with multiple channel outputs. At present, S/PDIF passthrough is not supported by PAPlayer. I am not sure what it would take to make this work, but I will have a look. Until then, you are likely stuck with stereo output.

Alrighty. I just committed a patch for the CoreAudio renderer that will allow for 44.1KHz DTS passthrough in dvdplayer. SVN r21394.

Note that you will still have to force .dts files to play through dvdplayer for this to work (but crossfading and visualizations wouldn't work with passthrough streams anyway).

phi2039 Wrote:Alrighty. I just committed a patch for the CoreAudio renderer that will allow for 44.1KHz DTS passthrough in dvdplayer. SVN r21394.

Note that you will still have to force .dts files to play through dvdplayer for this to work (but crossfading and visualizations wouldn't work with passthrough streams anyway).

you're the men !!! Cool

At the moment I really dont care about visualization they cant even be added it to the library anyway ! for now I just want to listen ..!Nod

there isn't any settings to make dts files to play through dvdplayer by default ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
You can do it via playercorefactory.xml (great name, init?) which is in system.

Best bet is to grab a copy of it and dump it in userdata, then edit that one.

In the meantime, you can ofcourse just "right click" and play with the dvdplayer.

Cheers,
Jonathan

jmarshall Wrote:You can do it via playercorefactory.xml (great name, init?) which is in system.

Best bet is to grab a copy of it and dump it in userdata, then edit that one.

In the meantime, you can ofcourse just "right click" and play with the dvdplayer.

Cheers,
Jonathan

ok, now I just have to wait until SVN r21394

BTW where i can found a copy of playercorefactory.xml ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
playercorefactory.xml is in system, as I said above Wink

• 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] DTS music files (standalone .dts and .wav audio file extensions)?0