• 5(current)
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] DTS music files (standalone .dts and .wav audio file extensions)?
Quote:XBMC (R21936) volume up to max also
Where did you find the XBMC volume at?
I'm still tinkering with it and have not made any progress - still only have bitstream static. Man I really want to get this working!!!
I can control Xbmc volume by using + and - keys on standard QWERTY keyboard (ie the 2 keys to the right of '0' and left of backspace on the row of numbers - you don't need to use shift key to access +).
Still no-go on my end. I see many different posts on this forum about people requesting this feature but no viable solutions - at least that continue to work. They seem to get it working for a short time and then it craps out. I would think this would become a priority for the developers since xbmc is a HTPC application?!?

Huh
Interesting, 08-15-09 build seems to have my DTS wav files playing but now I have no AC3/dolby digital playback - gives error: Audio device failed to initialize.
Was working before - does this mean I can only have one or the other, i.e. DTS wave files OR AC3 for movies?
Wouldn't it make more sense to build paplayer to play DTS wav (44.1khz) files instead of forcing playback onto the dvdplayer?

edit: update: after installing xbmc-standalone I now have both AC3 and DTS(44.1khz) playback!!! But, the menu sounds effects have dissappeared - which is no biggie to me.
really 8-15 was a go for you ? you have a mac right ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
No, I actually have several different OS's I'm working with, but my primary goal is XBMC on Linux (ubuntu 9.04).
Interesting update, I installed the xbmc-standalone package and now have AC3 and DTS wav(44.1khz) capability!!! This is great! The only obvious thing that no longer works is the navigation sounds - but I can live without that!
so is still broken in mac ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:so is still broken in mac ?

I have not tried on a mac. Only PC hardware using Linux and Bimbows XP pro.
First of all, hello everyone!

I'm experiencing a strange issue with PAPlayer's built-in DTS-WAV decoder. Namely, the channels seem to be mixed up - for example, the center channel plays in the rear left speaker, etc. I don't think it's a hardware/configuration issue, since DTS/DD audio in movies plays properly... I'm using build 22514 under Windows XP. Thanks in advance for any help!
why is this not working anymore
Quote:44.1KHz DTS passthrough in dvdplayer

this is what i get in the log am on the latest svn in a mac svn22269

Quote:CDVDAudioCodecPassthrough::Open - disabled passthrough due to sample rate not being 48000
this is with the .dts files the .wav files is just static through dvdplayer and stereo through papplayer
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:why is this not working anymore

this is what i get in the log am on the latest svn in a mac svn22269

this is with the .dts files the .wav files is just static through dvdplayer and stereo through papplayer

Did you make sure to turn the volume all the way up in XBMC and your sound mixer? If I turn my down at all I get only static, but with everything at max my DTS 44.1khz files play great. Though, I'm still using an earlier SVN and am fearful of using any newer ones that may disrupt my 44.1khz playback.
I have to check that but the volume is lock if the stream is multichannel and even so if thats the problem why I get this in the log

Code:
CDVDAudioCodecPassthrough::Open - disabled passthrough due to sample rate not being 48000

and sometimes something like this
Code:
input stream 6 channel
output stream 2 channels

and if the stream is .dts the file play in stereo in both (
papplayer and dvdplayer) but it shows in the codec info
Code:
codec:DTS channels:6 bitrate:41000
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
JESUS CHRIST !!!

I just play it and turn up the volume and voila !!!!

this is crazy....maybe its me .

Thanks (still the problem if you play a dts track you cant play an mp3 after you need to unplug the spdif/toslink/optical cable and plug it back in)
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Excellent! Are you using the latest SVN? I may try a newer SVN on a test system to see if it works. I'm afraid to touch my working system now that it has 44.1khz DTS playback. ;-)
Do you think the problem with MP3 playback after DTS playback could be the result of your reciever muting the signal? My yamaha RX-Z1 does this. After playing bitstream data, if you then play analog data immediatly following it will mute the signal for 30 seconds or so. You might want to try and manually select your input type, i.e. digital or analog and see if it plays.
tidan Wrote:Excellent! Are you using the latest SVN? I may try a newer SVN on a test system to see if it works. I'm afraid to touch my working system now that it has 44.1khz DTS playback. ;-)
Do you think the problem with MP3 playback after DTS playback could be the result of your reciever muting the signal? My yamaha RX-Z1 does this. After playing bitstream data, if you then play analog data immediatly following it will mute the signal for 30 seconds or so. You might want to try and manually select your input type, i.e. digital or analog and see if it plays.

a Z1 nice ...anyway my receiver is in autodetect mode is it suppose to change but I will try to manually change from digital to analog when finish playing a DTS track my svn is a t 22269 because the latest one makes my videos jumpy. (rememeber am on a mac)
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX/MAC/WINDOWS] DTS music files (standalone .dts and .wav audio file extensions)?0