[REQUEST] EuroGamer Script?
natethomas Wrote:I could be wrong, but I think Garion is a pretty good speller and rarely uses sarcasm.

Edit: On a serious note, if this thread doesn't start becoming more intelligible quickly, it's gonna get locked.

I...can't really help it, can I ?
@Belgarion
Why don't you explain in detail what you want exactly and how would you see it implemented, from the user experience point of view? Forget about scrapers, plugins and so on...
Dan Dare Wrote:@Belgarion
Why don't you explain in detail what you want exactly and how would you see it implemented, from the user experience point of view? Forget about scrapers, plugins and so on...

Right.

I want it all very simple.From an ordinanry user's point of view, it is all jist a plus and a minus, negt to a positive or negative number.

By clicking the plus, he votes a comment up(adds 1 to the variable nexyt to the buttons) and by pressing the minus - down,substracting 1 from the average vote.

There tons and tons of this kind of systems and whatnot, but so far, Eurogamer's design, implementation and execution fit my needs perfectly

Like so?
and WHAT EXACTLY do you want to vote in xbmc? i mean this is not bloody youtube?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Let me see, what you want is a XBMC Python script, you run it, search for your game, see people's comments and go through them to vote them up and down, on your TV, presumably. Cause if you were on your PC you could've quickly run a web browser and did the same, no problems Big Grin

Now, let me tell you what I think - the learning curve to get some Python skills and develop an addon for XBMC is fairly high, and people that mastered those or on the way to do so wouldn't probably waste their time to develop such a thing - I wouldn't see many people needing it, so personally I wouldn't do it. I'm afraid you will have to do it yourself, as Spiff sugested earlier.
Moved to plugin stuff - Dan, you finally made the first useful post in here Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Dan Dare Wrote:Let me see, what you want is a XBMC Python script, you run it, search for your game, see people's comments and go through them to vote them up and down, on your TV, presumably. Cause if you were on your PC you could've quickly run a web browser and did the same, no problems Big Grin

Now, let me tell you what I think - the learning curve to get some Python skills and develop an addon for XBMC is fairly high, and people that mastered those or on the way to do so wouldn't probably waste their time to develop such a thing - I wouldn't see many people needing it, so personally I wouldn't do it. I'm afraid you will have to do it yourself, as Spiff sugested earlier.

thanks
@Haggy
Thanks Smile

@Belgarion
Good luck man!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] EuroGamer Script?0