How long can my xbox be left unplugged??
Im going to college soon and its gonna mean a good 10 or so hours with my xbox unplugged.
-I remember i had to completely redo my softmod the last time i left my xbox unplugged because of an issue with the internal clock.

How long can the xbox be left unplugged??
As long as the aerogel cap they use to keep the RTC going lasts. Depending on age, I'd say 0-48hrs. Not like there's really anything you can do about it...
before unplugging it update the softmod (isn't there newer ones that bypasses the clock bug) ?
Yes, the most up to date mods (eg NDure) don't care about the clock check.

I've never seen a system keep the time for more then three hours. My own personal box loses it instantly.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
Bomb Bloke Wrote:Yes, the most up to date mods (eg NDure) don't care about the clock check.

I've never seen a system keep the time for more then three hours. My own personal box loses it instantly.
Yea same here but it keeps the softmod SID 5.1 or something like that.
I have had a couple lose the clock but once I set it to anything 2005 or newer and rebooted, it would still boot the softmod. I have not heard of having to remod it because of the clock. Does it boot right to the microsoft dash where you set the clock? Maybe you don't have the microsoft dash anymore and that locks it.

If you get to the clock, just set the year to 2006 and reboot. See if that works.

J_K_M_A_N
If my softmod xbox is booted after being unplugged for a day, it flashes up an error 21 until rebooted. After that it works as normal. This is using the latest ndure.
J_K_M_A_N Wrote:I have had a couple lose the clock but once I set it to anything 2005 or newer and rebooted, it would still boot the softmod. I have not heard of having to remod it because of the clock. Does it boot right to the microsoft dash where you set the clock? Maybe you don't have the microsoft dash anymore and that locks it.
Really old softmods wouldn't even boot the MS dash. If you let the system lose the time it'd go into a reboot loop on the next startup... Could potentially take hours to start properly.
XBMC Manual - BlackBolt - SVN Guide - Skin SVN - Wide Icon SVN - ROM Shortcut Generator
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me :P
thanks for all the info. But how do i update my softmod??
do you mean update xbmc.

btw i used the mechassualt exploit not too long ago when i softmodded this box. not sure of a version or anything tho.
Most xboxes that have a problem after being unplugged for some time simply frag, but mine just boots to MS dash. Have had the xbox for years now and installed xenium ice chip several years ago. Still running with xenium os v2.0 I think. Have not touched it since installation, it has just been cruising all this time with no problems whatsoever.

I have had the xbox unplugged for an extended period before, maybe up to a week, without any problem. Recently went on a 6 week vacation and just unplugged all my gear for safety reasons before I left. Now the xbox just boots to MS dash, so it's operating as if it doesn't have a chip installed. I set the clock to correct date/time in MS dash but still just boots to MS dash. It's almost as if the chip has come loose or something but it has not been bumped or moved. I used adapter installation and it has never given me a problem since install several years ago. I'd rather not play with the chip again unless I absolutely have to.
Those pogo adapters were never very good in my opinion. Can you not boot into the xenium OS by turning on with the eject button?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How long can my xbox be left unplugged??0