dont know what else to try, jumpy video!!
I'm very patience but am really tired and I dont know what other combination of video settings to try to get rid of the casual jumpy video.

here's a paste bin I copy of one time the problem start.

http://reaven.pastebin.com/f1482e150
sample screenshot of problem with debug info
as for the mediainfo of the problem video, well the problem is random is not with a particular video it happens with SD, HD, avi, xvid or mkv(I know mkv is a container)

weirdest thing its almost always happen with tvshows only, rare with movies and all my movies are HD 720p.

mediainfo paste bins
http://reaven.pastebin.com/f6cdbebb9

http://reaven.pastebin.com/d1c9dbd8b

My Specs Wrote:MacOS X 10.5.6 running on macbook pro core2duo 2.16 with 3gb ram
giga lan
every media is on home server
wired
svn 22514
DTS capable receiver connect with spdif to XBMC

any help is appreciated
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Are your fps always low, the pict show 19.96 and I would expect 23.xx or higher? I see lots of frame drops (592) and this is a small video resolution.

Same with sync video off (also know as smoothvideo) ?
I would make a test with sync video off..

what you recommend fo A/V sync ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Turn resample quality right down - it's a major CPU hog.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I try every setting changing every setting in a/v sync method restarting xbmc every time, when end I try combining enabling and disabling sync playback to display. almost always I get this
http://reaven.pastebin.com/f272587f8

all the test was with this video
http://reaven.pastebin.com/f39de710f

the smoothvideo setting you are talking about is the one under Appearance-> setting ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
settings -> video -> sync playback to display
since it only happens with your TV shows (which I assume are SD) could it be the upscaling which you have enabled? Have you tried with that turned off?
motd2k Wrote:since it only happens with your TV shows (which I assume are SD) could it be the upscaling which you have enabled? Have you tried with that turned off?

you're assuming wrong, just a few of my tvshows are sd the rest are HD and it happens on both.

the only way I was able to get rid of the jumps in the video is disabling vertical sync (the setting in appearance -> screen) but then I get those annoying scanning lines, anyway those are better than the jumps.

any ideas.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Have you done like jmarshall and motd2k asked and turned off "High Quality Upscaling For SD Material" and retested the clip you posted? Your FPS is low, the material is SD, you have upscaing on and your xbmc.log indicated that the internal DVDPlayer is dropping frames to keep up. When you start dropping frames, the video "jumps".

Don't make the assumption that "jumps in the video" in SD and HD material are due to the same thing. Bad assumption.

Let's work the problem and solve it for one (SD or HD) before we start thrashing around trying random fixes.
the settings in that pic are old, High Quality Upscaling For SD Material is off since the second post, and like I told in the past post dont jump but i get the scanning lines.

dont know why but The 4400 episodes are the most jumpy ones...(if I enable vertical sync)

and about one of your observation I was checking and they jump even with fps at 23(with vertical sync enable)
but that happens when you keep upgrading from svn I should stop when everything was working perfect, no jumps and DTS music was working now both are broken i can live without DTS music but the videos are another thing !!!
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:when you keep upgrading from svn

It's been posted by teamxbmc that svn is very unstable right now with the directx merge. I suggest going back to a previous stable version.
previous than svn 22514 ?
can you tell me any previous stable version ? or its just matter of trial and error ?
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:previous than svn 22514 ?
can you tell me any previous stable version ? or its just matter of trial and error ?

What version were you running "when everything was working perfect" ?
I wish I can remember !!
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
i don't know if this is the same issue as yours, but i had a problem when returning from Bootcamp into osx 10.5.6. Everytime i would use bootcamp and reboot to osx, XBMC would play stuttering video. (in fact, even vlc would stutter, so i don't believe it was XBMC that was the problem.)

i tried everything, thinking it was other software,etc... but i finally narrowed it down to that one thing, bootcamp. The fix for me was to dump the Caches folder in both /Library and /user/Library, after coming back from BC, and then reboot again.

I always have to do this after coming back from bootcamp. I have a mac intel mini, 2.0 Ghz duo, 4GB Ram, etc.... well now i have SL and don't know if that fixed the problem.

anyways, thought i'd drop that in, to see if might help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dont know what else to try, jumpy video!!0