Importing Library no web scraping
Ok this is a weird question but here goes.

My XBMC is at home attached to a freenas server.
but I don't have internet there.

Is there anyway I can use the Library export
import in to another machine running XBMC else where (connected)
Get the info scraped and the export the data and pictures etc. drop it on a USB Key and then back on to my main machine.

So to summarize I goes like this:

computer A has no internet but all the files.
Computer B has internet but no files..

How do I get scraped info into computer A Huh

Thanks
Ian

ps. freenas -----> APPLETV, PC<------> internet
So long as the paths are the same, including network locations, you can just grab the database and thumbnails dirs from your userdata on the system with internet and replace the ones on the system without. Make sure you're running THE SAME version of xbmc, otherwise database versions may mismatch and you'll get all kinds of odd behavior. There's also the export option in settings >music|video > library, which will export the db to xml that you can later import, but you'll still need to copy the thumbs dir.
Just to clarify.

1. I export my library to a XML
2. Take the file over to Mom's and Import library
3. Allow XBMC to run for a while? Scrape Huh
4. Export the library
5. copy the thumbs dirs (for Films for example)
6. Go home.
7. Import the Library into the 'Non-Internet-ed' Machine.
8. Copy the thumbs to the Thumbs dir.

and I will have show info and thumbsHuh

yes??

thanks
Ian
1) Make sure both machines use the same version of XBMC
2) Make sure both machines use the same paths to the content. (If you need help with this, we can help you set that up)
3) Scrape using your net connected PC
4) Copy the databases and thumbs folders from the Net Connected PC to the Non Connected one

Voila.
if you export to individual files, xbmc will save the images and nfo files to your media folders, then your other xbmc will read them when rescanned.
TeknoJnky Wrote:if you export to individual files, xbmc will save the images and nfo files to your media folders, then your other xbmc will read them when rescanned.

that is true BUT...
it saves lousy resolution exports.... so as long as the export is set to NOT overwrite existing files, that would work. Wastes a little disk space, but not too much. It will unfortunately end up exporting 'watched' status too... which for another user is bad, but hardly a big deal.
Hey guys, i have a similar situation that hopefully you can help with:

I have XBMC installed on my PC that has all the video files and i have it up to date with all thumbs, info and fanart. I also have and XBOX 1 running in my living room that is networked to stream those movies to that tv. Unfortunately, that XBMC library is not as up to date or nice as the one on my PC so there are a lot of movies missing info, fanart.

Is there a way i can take the PC Db and overwrite the XBOX Db so that the movie info mirrors each other on both systems?

OR

Will simply exporting the library as individual files to each directory solve that? Meaning if i do that, and i re-scan the info on my XBOX will it pick up the new nfo files (i guess that's how it works) Just remember that my XBOX is networked and my PC XBMC has the movies on a local drive...so idon't know if i need to worry about paths.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Importing Library no web scraping0