[live] IR reciever that will work out of the box
Hello

I've been googling around quite a bit and I didnt find any clear answer to my question. I would like to buy a IR reciever that would work with LIVE xbmc out of the box with my Harmony 525. I guess setting up harmony to the reciever isnt a problem but making the reciever work with XBMC is.

Is there any product that just 'works' with XBMC and is commonly available.
Any MCE compatible receiver. Have a look on ebay for MCE remotes, they all come with a receiver.
Ok what about this

You say every compatibile with MCE but I see ppl posting that they arent 100% satisfied by this.

Can you put up a few models ?
calebos Wrote:Ok what about this

You say every compatibile with MCE but I see ppl posting that they arent 100% satisfied by this.

Can you put up a few models ?

Well i know the Microsoft MCE Remote is the only one ever stated that works out of the box, is the reason i bought one.

The cyberlink one you have will work, i believe there are some threads about if you do a search telling you how to add it.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=68990
Case: Ahanix MCE301 Mainboard: M3N78-VM :CPU X2 4200 MHz SSD: 2x OCZ agility 30G Ram: 2G Remote: MS MCE. MSI Geforece 210 & Asrock 330 ION.
Kinda hard to catch these in Poland. I guess this will end up with a cordless keyboard or something similar if I dont find a popular reciever that works.

Thanks for the hints!
ebay - there are thousands of sellers selling suitable remotes and receivers.
Yes I know they are on ebay but its problem is that shipping and bank transfer costs will double or even triple the price as were still stuck with our shitty currency
imon from soundgraph also works well, with karmic u need only to install lirc.
maybe this will help you http://lnx.manoweb.com/lirc/?partType=se...troduction

its a custom built IR receiver (a bit tricky to setup, but not that tricky) but the components are very common and could be found i think anywhere.

if you are interested, i could post all the steps to make it work with LIRC and XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[live] IR reciever that will work out of the box0