Skins and Home Theater ("Home Theater Experience" and "Cinema Experience" scripts)?
Question 
This scenario has been bugging me. It's the type of scenario that us skinners should use one way instead of 2-3 different ways to ease the burden on end-users.

1. Override "Play" on Movies launches "Home Theater"

2. Create a separate button called "Cinema"

Right now I think Alaska/Night/Carmichael use option 1 and the others use option 2. All this is easy for most of the forum guys but would probably be nice to set a standard for certain things to come close to a plug and play experience for new guys...Plus the "Cinema" maintainer(s) can put a line in the description or main forum thread on what to click after adding the plugin...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Ok I'll play dumb here I'll make a few assumptions since Ive never used it

1) your talking about the Home Theater Script ?
2) your talking about having the Video info window pop up as the default play option ?
3) you got the play button in info mapped to run the theater script instead of actually play the movie ?

If all of the above are correct then i think its a terrible idea to make it a default Smile your better off just adding a new button to the info window.

And on a personal note I really don't get what people see in this sort of thing when I click play on a video I want to watch the damn video not a bunch of trailers and warnings but hey thats just me
I'm still laughing at jezz's post. Laugh

While I see a lot of people get excited about the home theatre script I have to admit I dont see the appeal. I don't even like the trailers at the real theater, much less in my house.

That being said, I would assume the preferred launch action would be a from a separate button on the info page.
Jezz_X Wrote:Ok I'll play dumb here I'll make a few assumptions since Ive never used it

1) your talking about the Home Theater Script ?
2) your talking about having the Video info window pop up as the default play option ?
3) you got the play button in info mapped to run the theater script instead of actually play the movie ?

If all of the above are correct then i think its a terrible idea to make it a default Smile your better off just adding a new button to the info window.

And on a personal note I really don't get what people see in this sort of thing when I click play on a video I want to watch the damn video not a bunch of trailers and warnings but hey thats just me

1. yes
2. sort of?
3. yes

Well as of this week the Home Theater Script is the hot topic of the week. Unfortunately, I see a couple different answers for the 'path to launch' floating around, I'm good with either option #1 or #2, but would be nice to settle on one option.

#1 - Override Play button - seems obvious, why have play and cinema buttons, but might confuse a new user unless told it would override the 'play' button

#2 - Theres a "cinema" button to click. Seems more new user friendly, as they just installed the addon and having a button called "cinema" seems logical they know what it'll do...

Either way while this is new and I'd hope to set a standard so new users know what to expect or 'click on' regardless of skin they are using...

blacklist Wrote:I'm still laughing at jezz's post. Laugh

While I see a lot of people get excited about the home theatre script I have to admit I dont see the appeal. I don't even like the trailers at the real theater, much less in my house.

That being said, I would assume the preferred launch action would be a from a separate button on the info page.

I sort of agree, all the crazy trivia/curtains/thx sounds stuff is too much for me, but the 2 trailers before movie is awesome. Especially since I found XBMC I rarely watch Live TV, hence I rarely see trailer commercials...

Play being overdrive is no good, you have no sign of the damn thing being what you are looking for (even if you know), it's still the same Play button, nothing tells you the damn thing is on, if the damn thing mal function how do you even know if the damn thing is on or not. I have the damn thing on, but I don't remember it's on, I'm in video info, and I press play thinking I'm gonna see the plain movie and wrong I was. The worst part is that now on is just installed, I cant even disable by a simple check in menu, have to go to addon and turn everything off if I don't want to see it when I play within video nav, not that it bothers me, but as I already said, with the same button I can't forget the damn thing is on.

I can continue with many other things that can go wrong or may cause inconvenience all because the button is the same and nothing tells me it's being overdrive. None of this happens if the button change its name.

Cinema it is.
KiSUAN Wrote:Play being overdrive is no good, you have no sign of the damn thing being what you are looking for (even if you know), it's still the same Play button, nothing tells you the damn thing is on, if the damn thing mal function how do you even know if the damn thing is on or not. I have the damn thing on, but I don't remember it's on, I'm in video info, and I press play thinking I'm gonna see the plain movie and wrong I was. The worst part is that now on is just installed, I cant even disable by a simple check in menu, have to go to addon and turn everything off if I don't want to see it when I play within video nav, not that it bothers me, but as I already said, with the same button I can't forget the damn thing is on.

I can continue with many other things that can go wrong or may cause inconvenience all because the button is the same and nothing tells me it's being overdrive. None of this happens if the button change its name.

Cinema it is.

Just damn. Big Grin
Quote:Well as of this week the Home Theater Script is the hot topic of the week.
Really ? I need to hang out in the script sections of the forum more.
I thought it hit its peak about 8 months ago when we started deleting post for linking to materials ripped right from dvd's for it (warnings ratings and so on) and then trying to sell it via pm's in the forum before they would give you a download link.
blacklist Wrote:Just damn. Big Grin
LoL I needed to blow some steam, damn Blush been working for 4 hours in a new addition to the mod and I was kinda bored
Well I thought making it launch from the Video Info's 'PLAY' button in Revisited (when it's installed/enabled) so users still had a choice of which way to start their Movies -

1. Play the movies straight away from the Movie list
2. Play the Cinema Exp first from the Video Info screen (which can now be set to load when pressing PLAY in the Movie list if they don'y want the 'hassle' of pressing 'i')

And if they get bored of the Cinema Exp they simply have to uninstall/disable it for the Video Info 'PLAY' function to return to normal.

Finally, I didn't want to add an extra button to the Video Info because there's no room for one -

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skins and Home Theater ("Home Theater Experience" and "Cinema Experience" scripts)?0