[AppleTV2] Aeon on ATV2?
Hey everyone,

Can anyone verify that any version of AEON will work with xbmc running on an ATV2? I got the Aeon Lite and uploaded the zip in two different tries

/var/mobile (and tried to install via the zip) ** DIDNT WORK

then I tried just uploading the folder which I renamed as skin.aeonaugria
/var/stash/applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/ADDONS **DIDNT WORK

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong in this process?

Thanks!
It'd be nice if there were a lightweight version of Aeon that could be installed on ATV2. You might be better off asking about in the Aeon skin sub-forum though - if there is a light version, somebody there should know.

The problem with the Aeon lite that you've already tried is probably that it is pre-Dharma, and therefore pre-AddOn framework. This means that there would have to be some adjustment to the skin before it could actually work with current builds of XBMC
Sure you had the path correct? /Applications/XBMC.frappliance/XBMCData/XBMCHome/addons
Check out Aeon NOX for a lightweight version. It's built using Confluence as the back end. Works great on ION systems.
--Dascmo

\\ OpenElec \ Frodo \ ASROCK 330HT \\ AEON NOX 4.0 \\

Free Online Storage: Copy

^^HIGHLY RECOMMENDED^^
i have a build built on top of jezz x slik skin designed for atv i am currently jailbreaking tonight and will be doing some testing
it will be called aeon lite
Zombie - release the damn skin already !!!! Smile
tocheeba Wrote:Zombie - release the damn skin already !!!! Smile

+1
--Dascmo

^^HIGHLY RECOMMENDED^^
+2 Wink
i would but cant jailbreak this p.o.s atv i just got i dont have a mac and but i do have firmware 4.0 (4.1) apple wont verify firmware restore so think i will update and prob go down the daunting path of vm ware i used to have a hackintosh laptop but it cooked itself and cant seem to turn my i5 pc into one ive tried everything will just have to wait Stare
Take a look here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49567
AJ1000 Wrote:Take a look here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49567

Won't work with dharma
--Dascmo

^^HIGHLY RECOMMENDED^^
I installed Aeon65 on my ATV2 last night. Seems to be working like a charm so far, no issues at all. Gets bogged down every now and again but it recovers quickly.
Installation was simple too!
If anyone needs help just let me know Smile!
OwNeD162 Wrote:I installed Aeon65 on my ATV2 last night. Seems to be working like a charm so far, no issues at all. Gets bogged down every now and again but it recovers quickly.
Installation was simple too!
If anyone needs help just let me know Smile!

Yeah I'd love to know how to install Aeon65 on the ATV2. Any chance of a quick how to?

Cheers in advance.
Please do share that info, you massive tease!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV2] Aeon on ATV2?0