ATI Radeon 3670 HD & DXVA2?
I'm currently using the 10.0 on a win7 enabled Acer Aspire revo 1600 and it seems to work great. I then tried to get things setup on my son's Dell laptop which is equipped with an ATI Radeon 3670 HD video adapter but it doesn't work very well with my HD content.

The video keeps up but the rendering is pretty messed up. It is almost like there are horizontal filter bars that decide to do different things with the color scale.

Has anyone else seen this problem or does anyone else have 10.0 working on the similar chipset?
dleach Wrote:I'm currently using the 10.0 on a win7 enabled Acer Aspire revo 1600 and it seems to work great. I then tried to get things setup on my son's Dell laptop which is equipped with an ATI Radeon 3670 HD video adapter but it doesn't work very well with my HD content.

The video keeps up but the rendering is pretty messed up. It is almost like there are horizontal filter bars that decide to do different things with the color scale.

Has anyone else seen this problem or does anyone else have 10.0 working on the similar chipset?

Have you made sure you are updated to the latest video drivers?
Yes. ATI drivers are most current from their website.
Strange. I have a ATI Radeon HD 3450 running in my HTPC and it plays video with DXVA beautifully.
All HD3xxx GPU's (except HD3200) have this problem.

Check this thread for more info about it.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80024
Might have to do with the amount of video memory - it takes quite a bit depending on the video you're playing. 256M is borderline, 512M is OK.

A screenshot of the problem wouldn't hurt.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
The HD370 on the Dell has 512M of memory. What bugs me is that this laptop has a bluray player which I can watch movies directly on it. But if I try to use XBMC to watch them (the HD ones) it doesn't work.

Note that I also tried my Batman rip and it doesn't get the video artifacts like Avatar gets but instead has extreme jerkiness with constant buffering problems.

The screenshot of Avatar:

There's a combination of factors here. The ATI 3xxx is the first generation with full hardware decode acceleration and it's known to be more twitchy/less tolerant than the next generations, which work on pretty much any file. Then it didn't get much attention from the ffmpeg devs AFAIK (ffmpeg provides xbmc with the acceleration)

The commercial decoders usually can take advantage of partial hardware decode acceleration which is more mature on ATI 3xxx, xbmc/ffmpeg doesn't, which can also explain the differences.

What you can do is reencode your Bluray rips with more conservative/known to be working with dxva settings. The stream straight off the disc should also work fine, as it definitely respect the BluRay limits.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
unfortunately these are raw rips. I didn't reencode them but just ripped to the HD then used clownbd to repackage.

I'll try using Media Player to see if it is any different.
Okay, tried it with Media Player HC and it renders correctly... but has a hard time keeping up when wireless but wired it works fine.

XBMC DXVA - Renders with artifacts.
Media Player HC (which also uses DXVA) - Renders correctly
dleach Wrote:XBMC DXVA - Renders with artifacts.
Media Player HC (which also uses DXVA) - Renders correctly

MPC-HC uses DXVA 1 while XBMC uses DXVA 2. DXVA 1 is the partial acceleration mentioned by CrystalIP.

JR
Okay. I'm not aware of the history of DXVA. Seems that if there are problems with full vs partial acceleration that there should be a way to disable some of the acceleration for situations like this were it doesn't work.

But as I said, I guess I can just use Media Player as that is what I used to use on my Revo1600 when it was XP (the DXVA works fine on this when running Win7).

David
Interesting that mpc-hc works. Can you try the latest VLC (you need to explicitely turn on the hardware accel).

A raw Bluray stream is supposed to work and points to a bug. Whether in ffmpeg or xbmc is what the VLC test will tell us.
so if it works in VLC then the bug is XBMC and if it fails then bug is ffmpeg?

I'll get some time from my son's laptop and try to run this test.
Okay. Ran the video through VLC and it worked fine there. Seems like an issue with XBMC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATI Radeon 3670 HD & DXVA2?0