i have many questions
Question 
I recently downloaded "Dharma".I said in my other post that it was gonna take an education to figure it out. Now i see there are many sites directly linked in program menu.All of which you have to sign up for seperatly and then log that info directly into "Dharma" for it to work. This much i think i have figured out. But this path specification stuff has got me stumped.this folder creation has got me stumped Just how many online content sights do i have to sign up for and regerster to "dharma" to use? How many stock comes in the download? (I know you can add more via python but that is way above my head right now) I have got to get this down so when i get my set top i dont look like a fool when i go to show it off.
I also found that "Dharma" dont capture live content off the net. Most set tops or at least the one i am getting dont have a tv tuner card in it. If i were to invest in one does " xbmc " rather "Dharma" support them and if not will they in the future? I realy dont have nothing to use as a networked piece of hardware to serv the content or library i have.Dont get me wrong i have collected much content over the years and look forward to learning "xbmc" cause it seems to streamline collecting and makes it easier. I just need a server solution. That takes me to my old post. I am extremely interested in one of these large cd changers. I called a online company and asked them if they had a unit like this that played everything up to a burnt b"Blue Ray" that worked as a file sever that could hook to a computer.They said they had such a thing.That it aclemated itself to a windows operating system quite nice and that it would show the content on your pc but actualy served it of disk off the changer.(I have a phobia in trusting drives completly) What i want to know is if they have any scripting or support for any players like this to work on "xbmc" ? What are the issues of networking a "p3" to this same network? Is it possible and what benifits dose it bring to the table?Rolleyes
Stopped reading after 'I recently downloaded "Dharma"'. Format your posting?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Huge block of text... painful to read! Shocked

How about some bullet points, formatting, and a good layout?! This will surely help when people open this thread to help answer your question. Wink
newbie 1 Wrote:I recently downloaded "Dharma". I said in my other post that it was gonna take an education to figure it out. Now i see there are many sites directly linked in program menu.

What post, link? What sites are linked in the program menu? What program menu? What OS are you even running?

Quote:All of which you have to sign up for seperatly and then log that info directly into "Dharma" for it to work.

No clue what you're talking about.

Quote:This much i think i have figured out. But this path specification stuff has got me stumped.

What is confusing, there is a "WIP" thread with a link to a manual. Do you understand basic computer concepts such as 'folders' and 'paths'?

Quote:This folder creation has got me stumped Just how many online content sights do i have to sign up for and regerster to "dharma" to use?

You're not required to register for any sites.

Quote:How many stock comes in the download? (I know you can add more via python but that is way above my head right now) I have got to get this down so when i get my set top i dont look like a fool when i go to show it off.

Again, you lost me.

Quote:I also found that "Dharma" dont capture live content off the net.

No it doesn't. It's a media player. You want something like sickbeard, couchpotato, etc.

Quote:Most set tops or at least the one i am getting dont have a tv tuner card in it. If i were to invest in one does " xbmc " rather "Dharma" support them and if not will they in the future?

No, and not likely in the near future. There is a separate build for PVR, but given your current grasp on what is going on, I'd not suggest it.

Quote:I realy dont have nothing to use as a networked piece of hardware to serv the content or library i have.Dont get me wrong i have collected much content over the years and look forward to learning "xbmc" cause it seems to streamline collecting and makes it easier. I just need a server solution.

So build a server.

Quote:That takes me to my old post.

WHAT POST.

Quote:I am extremely interested in one of these large cd changers. I called a online company and asked them if they had a unit like this that played everything up to a burnt b"Blue Ray" that worked as a file sever that could hook to a computer

Why? Spinning media is so 1999.

Quote:They said they had such a thing.That it aclemated itself to a windows operating system quite nice and that it would show the content on your pc but actualy served it of disk off the changer.(I have a phobia in trusting drives completly) What i want to know is if they have any scripting or support for any players like this to work on "xbmc" ? What are the issues of networking a "p3" to this same network? Is it possible and what benifits dose it bring to the table?Rolleyes

Not going to touch that. If English isn't your native language. (Which it probably is, most ESL speakers don't make homonym mistakes like that.), then google translate is pretty good. Post in your native language, AND post the google translate. You never know, someone may be able to help in your native language.
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
1- I will attempt to break this down for you
2- yes there are many content sites on Darma that actualy want you to install in the xbmc program, a user name, password, etc. I suppose this is so that the content can be automated through "xbmc".I found that i had to actualy log on the enternet to sign up for these. As of yet i still have not got this media program to serve the crap.
3- Yes file creation -file pathways are still a bitch for me.It appears to me that xbmc may make that process more paifull.
4- i dont like hard drives.I dont trust them and considering the cost of a raid set up.I would rather go megachanger than to lose all my media.Flash drives would be great but you could by a cheap car for what one of them cost.(seen one that was a terabyte the other day it was 1800.00)
5- thinking outloud i probaably will go with a small business server of the net second hand to get started.
6-i just wanted to know wether or not xbmc supports these megachangers? (her is a couple of modle and brand to chomp on will this xbmc work or support them?) If you need a link ask i will e-mail it to you
7-be kind,i love my electonics as much as the next man.But to set an attack my spelling and emply i speak another language is flat rude an disrespectfull.
i know my spelling is awfull.what is weird is i have read on a softmore colledge reading level since i was in sixth grade.So i might read better than you.I am not alone in this phenominon that is wy we have editors and wy most our beloved authors could not spell worth a damn. Grow up,you need to beat on something,make it your dog,or yourself.

sony has 2 such modles calledBDP-CX960 / or / BDP-CX7000ES (NICE!)
So... to sum up, Does XBMC support DVD (or Bluray) multi-disc changers? My guess is no. Though I'm highly open to being corrected on that score.
I may be totally be wrong, but I smell a troll.

2. There are no Internet sites to sign up for to use xbmc. Ever. Not even places xbmc scrapes from like themoviedb require sign up to use. I would very much like an example of one of the sites you have signed up for. What "crap" do you expect to be served, exactly?

3. File and folder creation is a problem for you? I think you will find any media software you choose to use will require you to organize your media in some way. You should find a simple file system to organize your media it will make it easier in the long run.

4. I don't believe that you will find many media systems that will comply wih your mega DVD player request. Most are set up to serve files off a hard drive. I think you need to get over you concern about hard drives and instead focus on an effective redundant system such as raid.

And you for the record, your spelling and grammar are horrible. Despite whatever education you have, people judge you by the way you speak (or type). I would suggest you spend a little more time putting your thoughts together so that people can more clearly understand you, and try to help answer your questions.
What is a troll?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29
Big Grin 
In an effort to be nice...
1.) Do not go to those sites... xbmc.org will have everything you need and is safe.
2.)File creation is easy. Movies=>"movie title"=>movie file, TV Shows=>"title"=>season=>episode number"s01e01 included(helps scrapers), Music=>Artist=>Album=>Song. Use one of the media scrapers or use an outside media manager(Ember Media, Media Companion are two of the most widely used)
3.)Hard drives...in 20 plus years of being in computers, I've had one completely crash and lose all my data. That's it. You don't need a RAID setup, NAS or a workstation like I have.
4.) Haven't seen anywhere where XBMC supports large DVD/Blu-Ray changers.
5.)You can't spell...Big Grin
6.)The wiki is your friend http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=XBMC_Online_Manual
What is this "enternet" you speak of?
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
@htpc guy

Good to see someone else "near stl"
blacklist Wrote:I may be totally be wrong, but I smell a troll.

2. There are no Internet sites to sign up for to use xbmc.

to login to sharethe.tv, last.fm etc one has to have user accounts
and passwords to those sites. and then there is hulu, and if one
uses something for netflicks.
In a world without walls and fences who needs windows and gates, open source, opens minds, so open yours today.

wilson.joe Wrote:to login to sharethe.tv, last.fm etc one has to have user accounts
and passwords to those sites. and then there is hulu, and if one
uses something for netflicks.

Sure, but none of those sites are required by XMBC out of the box. Those are all add on services. I guess I assumed since the user can't seem to get any of his media even loaded, that he wouldn't have been messing with any of those services.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
i have many questions0