Quadcore 108 playback
Hi i got a AMD Phenom X4 2.2Ghz. When i try to run a 1080p .mkv the cpu only goes to 40% and i got a lot of lost frames...

Any help? Sad
XBMC is no longer using the multi-threaded version of FFmpeg that was in Camelot (9.11), so having more than one core won't help decode the HD video at all. It's honestly best to invest in a cheap NVIDIA 200 or 400 series video card (The 400 series adds HD Audio bitstreaming and 3D support over HDMI 1.4a).
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
Oh.. Thx mate.

I did just buy a passive cooled geforce 210 (Not GT), not a very powerfull card but i hope it will do the trick... Or should i cancel the order and go with the GT220?
BTW. Do you know why they choose to move the multicore support?
The GT220 would gain you nothing, the G210 supports everything the GT220 supports as far as video playback is concerned. Literally dropping the video card in, installing the latest drivers and ticking the "DXVA" option in the Video Playback options will completely accelerate all common HD video formats. It's night and day.

It was dropped for Dharma (v10) because it wasn't compatible with newer versions of FFmpeg. See this thread for more information.
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
Okay thx for the quick reply. I will look forward until tuesday when i get the 210 by the post then. Have a nice weekend! Smile
One final question tho. You think i can use the onboard audio processor to decode the HD digital audio, there is a onboard (nforce 630a Geforce 7050pv) and the G210 for video decoding??

Must be possible if i use one hdmi from onboard hd soundcard to amplifier and on hdmi from the 210 to the TV?
dapzaps Wrote:One final question tho. You think i can use the onboard audio processor to decode the HD digital audio, there is a onboard (nforce 630a Geforce 7050pv) and the G210 for video decoding??

Must be possible if i use one hdmi from onboard hd soundcard to amplifier and on hdmi from the 210 to the TV?

The onboard video card won't be able to do HD audio anyway, as XBMC does it all in software. You will still get HD audio (TrueHD and DTS-MA) support through XBMC, but it will convert it to LPCM which any reciever should be able to play. DTS will only play the lossy core part (Similar to DTS on DVD), it won't play the HD portions. TrueHD is 100% decoded.

The NVIDIA GT430 series supports HD Audio "bitstreaming" which means it will pass the untouched HD audio (TrueHD and DTS-MA) data to the receiver so it can decode it. XBMC doesn't support that at this time anyway, but it will be coming shortly.

In other words, disable the onboard video card altogether and use the 210, you'll be fine.
Thx Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quadcore 108 playback0