Win Is this machine fast enough for XBMC?
Wink 
Hello all forum members! I have recently installed a fresh copy of Windows vista on my old machine that was sitting in the garage and I decided to add XBMC Frodo onto that machine. I am a cord cutter and avid Boxee user at the moment, but I would love to use this machine as my primary setup. Here are the specs of the machine:

- AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core 3600+
- 3GB ram
- 160gb Hard drive
- Radeon HD 5450 graphics card

I just went out to the local Fry's and purchased this card because the machine struggled on 1080p youtube videos. Now, after installing the new graphics card, the video still chugs along and doesnt play well?

Am I missing something or is this machine just not powerful enough to play 1080p videos? Thank you for all the help in advance! Please help me get off the Boxee and onto XBMC!!
Adjust the audio settings properly. Wrong settings will cause video to stutter.
(2013-02-10, 06:49)baijuxavior Wrote: Adjust the audio settings properly. Wrong settings will cause video to stutter.

Thanks for the reply! So the audio driver can cause this? Can you please elaborate?

The new video card has 1gb of ram, so I thought it would be strong enough, but I can barely play 720p
baijuxavior was referring to the audio settings inside of XBMC itself: XBMC v12 Frodo comes with a completely new audio engine that causes issues if not configured correctly, so depending on your physical audio setup, XBMC's settings must match those.

Start playing around with changing between DirectSound and WASAPI and test what runs better.

If you want to learn more, read on here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
(2013-02-10, 11:09)Fry7 Wrote: baijuxavior was referring to the audio settings inside of XBMC itself: XBMC v12 Frodo comes with a completely new audio engine that causes issues if not configured correctly, so depending on your physical audio setup, XBMC's settings must match those.

Start playing around with changing between DirectSound and WASAPI and test what runs better.

If you want to learn more, read on here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

Thanks all!! I will do my homework and figure it out. Thanks!!
What is your problem? Is it stuttering/choppy when playback 1080P video? If you are trying to configure audio output in Frodo, you can check out some of the screenshots in this thread- Simplify XBMC configurations......

Make that AMD driver updated from here- AMD Driver Autodetect

Your HTPC should be able to playback 1080P video and bitstreaming HD audio with ease....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2013-02-10, 22:13)bluray Wrote: What is your problem? Is it stuttering/choppy when playback 1080P video? If you are trying to configure audio output in Frodo, you can check out some of the screenshots in this thread- Simplify XBMC configurations......

Your HTPC should be able to playback 1080P video and bitstreaming HD audio with ease....

Thanks for the links bluray!! I am working on it now. Ironically, I loaded a copy of Eden and it plays everything fine. I am working on getting frodo fixed.
(2013-02-11, 19:55)meisjoe Wrote:
(2013-02-10, 22:13)bluray Wrote: What is your problem? Is it stuttering/choppy when playback 1080P video? If you are trying to configure audio output in Frodo, you can check out some of the screenshots in this thread- Simplify XBMC configurations......

Thanks for the links bluray!! I am working on it now. Ironically, I loaded a copy of Eden and it plays everything fine. I am working on getting frodo fixed.
Eden and Frodo audio outputs are different. Since Frodo included bitstreaming HD audio options, it required very precise audio output configurations...
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is this machine fast enough for XBMC?0