• 4(current)
Bitstream TrueHD/DTS-MA without external player?
wookiebear Wrote:Well I installed it anyway and it has done the trick, is there something in that driver pack that XBMC needs?
just what is mentioned in the guide
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks works great
bluray Wrote:the gt430 should playback 1080p with dts-hd/truehd flawless with pre-eden. the audio and video settings have to be very precise for it to playback properly and smoothly. believe it or not, wrong audio settings can lead to stutter playback too. here are my latest guides- blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd .

one thing that i didn't mention in my guide- make sure that in control panel you select nvidia hdmi audio output and in speaker configuration set it to stereo. i know that a lot of people tend to select the 5.1 or 7.1. if you want to know why stereo, i can explain in detail on it too.

Hello please can you explain why stereo should be selected in windows audio control panel as speaker settings instead of 5.1 or 7.1? Many thanks..
@bluray

Thx for the great guides - i use a pre-eden version with the integrated new audio branch and I'm quite happy with it.

Problem I've got is whenever I send the HTPC via standby to sleep and wake him up afterwards audio is not working anymore (No stereo, Dolby Digital, etc.) - I have to close XBMC and reopen it (No reboot of the HTPC needed!).
So the error must be within xbmc...

Do you know if this is known and/or if there is another (newer) version fixing this prob?

Thx

Atlas
I experience the same. It is a problem with this particular build, as the stable release does not exhibit this.

It may be fixed in a newer nightly build - BUT, HD audio is broken at the moment, so you're stuck with this for now.

I've mapped the blue button on my remote to shutdown xbmc and then the green windows start button to fire it back up, so it's a minor inconvenience. Let me know if you need instructions on how to do this.
@fezster

yes please - i got a harmony with the colored keys and they're still free.
So yes please gimme some info how to set the commands here.

Thx

Atlas
can anyone here please explain why stereo should be selected in windows audio control panel as speaker settings instead of 5.1 or 7.1? Many thanks..
Atlas100 Wrote:@fezster

yes please - i got a harmony with the colored keys and they're still free.
So yes please gimme some info how to set the commands here.

Thx

Atlas

Take a look at xbmccustomregis (google it), and AutoHotKey.

I dont have the script to hand here, but basically you can configure any keyboard press to an action (eg. for me, 'w' key kills xbmc) and then can map a remote key press to a keyboard key. However, Ive got a Microsoft MCE remote receiver (or compatible), and not sure if others are compatible.
mkohman Wrote:Hello please can you explain why stereo should be selected in windows audio control panel as speaker settings instead of 5.1 or 7.1? Many thanks..
sometime, it's hard to explain. if you're passing through audio via hdmi, it doesn't matter how many speakers you tell windows to passthrough. it'll only passthrough whatever is available in audio codec within the movie file.

the reason for selecting stereo is this-
you need to set it to stereo because when you play a non passthrough audio format (usually 2ch stuff) stereo will stay as stereo and pass to the amp cleanly, and the other audio codecs (5.1/7.1) will be passed through with raw codec cleanly too.
If I select anything other than Stereo in the HDMI control panel properties, I can't get any live TV working from my Ceton without turning off exclusive mode (which then breaks audio for xbmc). Having Stereo on in the control panel, then setting up 7.1 in MC7 and xbmc gives me full pass through with DD/DTS/TrueHD/DTA-MA.
Malosar Wrote:If I select anything other than Stereo in the HDMI control panel properties, I can't get any live TV working from my Ceton without turning off exclusive mode (which then breaks audio for xbmc). Having Stereo on in the control panel, then setting up 7.1 in MC7 and xbmc gives me full pass through with DD/DTS/TrueHD/DTA-MA.
here is the proper way-

control panel-
1. select hdmi output
2. configure speaker output to stereo
done

xbmc-
it should be setup as shown in the photo below:
Are all those extra options only available in your special version or the Eden version that isn't released yet with AE? Because I don't have the HD audio options (since Dharma doesn't support them) nor the exclusive or passthrough optinos.
Malosar Wrote:Are all those extra options only available in your special version or the Eden version that isn't released yet with AE? Because I don't have the HD audio options (since Dharma doesn't support them) nor the exclusive or passthrough optinos.
those options are available with pre-eden version. even though it is for hd, it still work with other standard audio too. here is the complete guide on it- blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd .
I have an ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 and I'm wondering if I can bitstream Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD with it?
If not, what's the best card to get to do so? I don't game so it doesn't have to be overkill.
Thanks.
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
ArieS Wrote:I have an ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 and I'm wondering if I can bitstream Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD with it?
If not, what's the best card to get to do so? I don't game so it doesn't have to be overkill.
Thanks.
i don't think that you ati graphic cards can bitstream dts-hd/truehd. one of these will do- Radeon HD 5570 1GB 128-bit or Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3 .
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bitstream TrueHD/DTS-MA without external player?0