• 11(current)
[RELEASE] script.extrafanartdownloader
Thanks a lot for the update (beta3). When updating from beta2 to beta3, I noticed that I had to delete the extrafanart first both in movies and tv-shows, otherwise I got doubles.

BTW: The config looks much nicer and better organized in this version, nice to see, because to me that also makes a difference. Wink

EDIT: I also get more fanart now with the last version I never got 20 in a folder, just thinking there very no more to scrape from the server.

Best regards tuxen
Latest stable version are now available from the XBMC-repo Big Grin

Versions:
Eden 0.4.1
Dharma 0.2.1
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Latest stable version are now available from the XBMC-repo :D

Versions:
Eden 0.4.1
Dharma 0.2.1

Ups, but I think I found a bug:
The reason I was getting more extrafanart this time was also because something must be wrong with the rating limiter, the number of fanart limiter seems to work as intended as I got exactly 20 extrafanart in some folders, but I noticed that I have got extrafanart for movies with a rating below 5 which is the setting that I have set. I don't mind this personally, as I sat the rating limit because I did not think I had that much movies with ratings below 5 and to save a little time. :) It turned out I had a few below 5 and those got extrafanart to now. And I deleted a the folders in both sections as I wrote, before I installed the new beta3 version, after that I set the configuration and started scraping. And as said I got extrafanart in films with rating as low 2-3.. Heh
Sorry for the bad timing, unless I have misunderstood the rating limiter.

Best regards tuxen
tuxen Wrote:Ups, but I think I found a bug:
The reason I was getting more extrafanart this time was also because something must be wrong with the rating limiter, the number of fanart limiter seems to work as intended, but I noticed that I have got extrafanart for movies with a rating below 5 which is the setting that I have set.

The script doesn't yet support ratings for movies. TMDB doesn't yet expose this info in their api but it's in the pipeline. As soon as TMDB supports this then we will too.
paddycarey Wrote:The script doesn't yet support ratings for movies. TMDB doesn't yet expose this info in their api but it's in the pipeline. As soon as TMDB supports this then we will too.

Ahh,..OK, I understand I probably missed som documentation then, but then I can't help wonder where the ratings come from the as I never used anything else but those TMDB And TVDB scrapers.

EDIT: Just realized that you said they are not in the API.. Doh. Sorry I understand it all now.

EDIT EDIT: So me getting more fanart, we can also conclude that the plugin has been improved. I have the same amount of movies and tv shows as yesterday, but the number total extrafanart was quite much high. (a couple of 100's or more I think)

Very nice job, keep taking it futher. ;)

Best Regards tuxen
tuxen Wrote:EDIT EDIT: So me getting more fanart, we can also conclude that the plugin has been improved. I have the same amount of movies and tv shows as yesterday, but the number total extrafanart was quite much high. (a couple of 100's or more I think)

Very nice job, keep taking it futher. Wink

Best Regards tuxen

Did you have extrathumbs switched on?
At the moment there's no seperate counting so the reported number is artwork=(extrafanart+extrathumbs).
The only way you could have got more fanart is that the source sites had more to provide.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Latest stable version are now available from the XBMC-repo Big Grin

Versions:
Eden 0.4.1
Dharma 0.2.1

Where can I find the latest Dharma version, I checked the xbmc repo but only shows version 4.x

Nvm I found it, I was checking 'all addons' from all the repo's and it only showed the pre-eden version. What a bad design btw that when you check all addons it only shows the newest version from all the repo's you have installed (bad design if you ask me since a lot of pre-eden addons are showing up that do not work with Dharma) Sad

When downloading from repo it says version 0.2 but when its installed it says version 0.4!

Can somebody give me 0.2 url?
@RavenNL

https://github.com/paddycarey/script.ext.../downloads

The beta3 is the same as official release.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:@RavenNL

https://github.com/paddycarey/script.ext.../downloads

The beta3 is the same as official release.

Thanks I have it running now, but my addons still show that there is an update for extrafanart but that would be version 0.4. So any idea why it is looking at the pre-eden release?
RavenNL Wrote:Thanks I have it running now, but my addons still show that there is an update for extrafanart but that would be version 0.4. So any idea why it is looking at the pre-eden release?

Maybe you have some how the wrong xbmc repo installed. You could check the packages folder inside the add-ons folder and clean it out.
Also check the repo.xbmc inside the xbmc install folder to see what location it is getting his add-ons from
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Maybe you have some how the wrong xbmc repo installed. You could check the packages folder inside the add-ons folder and clean it out.
Also check the repo.xbmc inside the xbmc install folder to see what location it is getting his add-ons from

Think I've found it, Passion xbmc.org repo has also extra fanart downloader in their list. And that is the pre-eden version. So that is why it's showing there is an update for it.

Very confusing.
RavenNL Wrote:Think I've found it, Passion xbmc.org repo has also extra fanart downloader in their list. And that is the pre-eden version. So that is why it's showing there is an update for it.

Very confusing.

That's a known problem with the passion repo, afaik this happens with other addons too.
I didn't know they also had it in their repo. Seems a bit of overkill to me because it is available from xbmc repo or do they take our master branch?

Also i think the passion xbmc repo is for Eden only (not sure). So you should best remove it.

sidenote:
The downloader counter is now at 11461 so my estimate is a number of users of 3600.
Think it was meant for Dharma as well, but anyway I removed it, since it seems that they only collect addons and put it in their repo. Nice idea but doesn't work with all the different dharma / pre-eden addons.
RavenNL Wrote:Think it was meant for Dharma as well, but anyway I removed it, since it seems that they only collect addons and put it in their repo. Nice idea but doesn't work with all the different dharma / pre-eden addons.

They should split their repo into Dharma and Eden (and future Frodo)
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] script.extrafanartdownloader2