• 1(current)
[RELEASE] MMA Browser
So I have a lot of Mixed Martial Arts videos in my collection and while some of the more popular ones are on themoviedb.org and can be scanned into the video library this is somewhat less than optimal.

TMDB often has very incomplete data (if any) for most MMA fight cards, and while it does have posters and fanart for a lot of events I think that having to download these manually is less important than having a good way to automatically organise and sort/filter/search them.

To try and overcome the shortcomings of using the movie library (or any of the other nfo based solutions) I've started to write an addon to scrape event/fight data for your local files from sherdog.com and allow to browse/search by various categories. sherdog.com's fight finder is the defacto standard source for MMA results and records and has listings for almost every pro fight ever sanctioned.

If you have a lot of events it takes a LONG time to populate the database on the first run.

To have the addon locate and identify an event you must place a file named "sherdogEventID" or "sherdogEventID.nfo" in the event's root folder which contains only the event's ID (on it's own on 1 line) from sherdog.com.

e.g. For UFC 92 the ID is 8732 which is found at the end of the event's URL.
And for Titan FC 20 it's 16436

If you want to add your own artwork/descriptions (if you have any I don't have please post it here) you can add them in the following folders:

Code:
Events: Use the ID number of the event as found on sherdog.com

userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.mmabrowser/events

"sherdogID-poster.jpg"
"sherdogID-fanart.jpg"
"sherdogID-description.txt"

Example: UFC 92
"/home/paddy/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.mmabrowser/events/8732-poster.jpg"
"/home/paddy/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.mmabrowser/events/8732-fanart.jpg"
"/home/paddy/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.mmabrowser/events/8732-description.txt"

Code:
Promotions: Use the name of the promotion EXACTLY as found on sherdog.com (with the spaces removed)

userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.mmabrowser/promotions

"promotionName-poster.jpg"
"promotionName-fanart.jpg"
"promotionName-description.txt"

Example: PRIDE
"/home/paddy/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.mmabrowser/promotions/PrideFightingChampionships-poster.jpg"
"/home/paddy/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.mmabrowser/promotions/PrideFightingChampionships-fanart.jpg"
"/home/paddy/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.mmabrowser/promotions/PrideFightingChampionships-description.txt"

You must first set the location of your MMA video folder in addon settings before the script will run.

Current features:
- Browse events by promotion
- Browse event by fighter
- List all events
- Search library for almost any info
- Automatically download fighter/event/promotion images/descriptions when available
- Display event/fighter/promotion info when available

You can download the latest version of the plugin from github here: https://github.com/paddycarey/plugin.video.mmabrowser

Or install the latest zip release from here.

If you find any bugs/have any questions/feature suggestions please post below.

I'd also really appreciate if anyone would like to contribute with some posters/logos for MMA promotions which I can display in the plugin (I'll keep a list of ones i already have below so that noone wastes any time).

You can view a current list of all the artwork available to the script here.

Screenshots:

Thanks,
Paddy
Fantastic! Cheers for this, will give it a go.
Here is a RAR file with backrops I use for my MMA. The following backdrops are included:

MMA General x 2
UFC Old
UFC
WEC
PrideFC x 2
BellatorFC
StrikeForce
Ultimate Fight Night
Ultimate Fighter

MMA backdrops.rar - MediaFire hosted

feel free to use any of the included files. If you want psd files just ask.

Cheers,
Thanks Smile I had already downloaded some of them from the other thread earlier. I'm just trying to gather together as much MMA artwork in one place as i can and giving them a common naming scheme that's easily scrapable by the script.

Ideally all this stuff would be hosted on a site like fanart.tv(or something similiar, themoviedb is no longer suitable as all new submissions require an IMDB ID which most MMA events won't have) so that users could submit the artwork too. At the moment I'm struggling not to punch my computer because i'm having to manually rename about 500 images Oo

The only thing keeping me sane is that fighter images are downloaded automatically from sherdog when available, there would be thousands of those Shocked

If anyone would like to help out i'd really appreciate it, the images should be named as follows:

Events: Use the ID number of the event as found on sherdog.com (You can search here)
"sherdogID-poster.jpg"
"sherdogID-fanart.jpg"

Example: UFC 92
"8732-poster.jpg"
"8732-fanart.jpg"

Promotions: Use the name of the promotion EXACTLY as found on sherdog.com (with the spaces removed)
"promotionName-poster.jpg"
"promotionName-fanart.jpg"

Example: PRIDE
"PrideFightingChampionships-poster.jpg"
"PrideFightingChampionships-fanart.jpg"

Until I figure out some way better to host these just post a link to them here and i'll copy them to my server where the script can grab them.
They reverted the mandatory IMDB id Wink
Maybe you can contact sherdog if they want to host the images.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hmmm. They have TMDb and the TVdb, seeing as neither hosts UFC and such maybe they should start the SportDb?
Hi, thanks for this add-on.

I have a few questions because I'm confused about a few things:

Quote:to have the addon locate and identify an event you must place a file named "sherdogEventID" in the event's root folder which contains only the event's ID from sherdog.com.

A kind of file do I need to place in the root folder? A .txt or .nfo file?
Where does the ID need to go? In the name? (like; sherdogEvent8732)?

I managed to install the script but how does one get it to run within xbmc? A few simple instructions would be welcome for the less technical guys. Big Grin
Sorry, guess my first post wasn't so clear.

The file should just be named sherdogEventID without an extension (i can change it so it picks up .txt too if that's easier for win users?) and the id should go inside the file on the first line (nothing else needs to be in the file.

just make sure you've set the path to all your mma videos in the addon settings and run the plugin from "video addons"
Also forgot to mention that the plugin is written for Eden and will not work on Dharma, sorry Sad
paddycarey Wrote:Sorry, guess my first post wasn't so clear.

The file should just be named sherdogEventID without an extension (i can change it so it picks up .txt too if that's easier for win users?) and the id should go inside the file on the first line (nothing else needs to be in the file.

just make sure you've set the path to all your mma videos in the addon settings and run the plugin from "video addons"

Maybe sherdogEventID.nfo would be better because it is commonly used throughout XBMC.
Also make it clear if the filename is case sensitive (or make it case insensitive)
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
yeah .nfo makes more sense, i'll change it so sherdogEventID.nfo will get picked up too.
first off, great job. I love the first draft Smile

I have it working and listing all my events and organizations, however none of the posters or fanart is working. I have them all named as stated in the above post..

7699-fanart.jpg
7699-poster.jpg

Any ideas / help appreciated ?

Cheers,
abe
Should I have a folder.jpg in each event?
Abe420 Wrote:first off, great job. I love the first draft Smile

I have it working and listing all my events and organizations, however none of the posters or fanart is working. I have them all named as stated in the above post..

7699-fanart.jpg
7699-poster.jpg

Any ideas / help appreciated ?

Cheers,
abe

Sorry, I was messing around with the artwork code earlier to prepare for automatic-downloading and changed the locations a bit. For now (i'll fix it later and make it configurable) all artwork is read from the userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.mmabrowser/ directory.

Just drop your event artwork into the "events" folder and your promotion artwork into the "promotions" folder.

btw, i've got auto downloading working (but it only downloads when an item is scanned in to the database, and the selection is quite limited, both should hopefully be fixed in time) i've got posters for almost all ufc and pride, but not a lot else.
Thanks, I will see what i can do for the other posters - WEC, Bellator, Strikeforce and Dream - I will share them once organized / renamed.

Cheers,
Abe
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MMA Browser2