• 6(current)
[RELEASE] script.extrafanartdownloader
paddycarey Wrote:That update won't have fixed the error in your log, but i've just committed a fix which should at least skip that and not crash.

Thanks, I will give it a try Big Grin
Just added background downloading for anyone following git Big Grin

Should be making its way to stable release soon.
Thanks a lot guys. The script was able to run to the end! Big Grin
Thanks for all your help and patience.
Could you check your log what errors you possibly got?
Maybe there could be some additional debugging to figure them out.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Could you check your log what errors you possibly got?
Maybe there could be some additional debugging to figure them out.

I dont think there will be any errors if I run it again, as you guys have made it so it skips if there is a problem. But I can run the add-0n with debugging turned on if it will still help you. I have just started running it now. Its going to take a good 5 hours and the log will be big. But I have started nevertheless.
Rastan Wrote:I dont think there will be any errors if I run it again, as you guys have made it so it skips if there is a problem. But I can run the add-0n with debugging turned on if it will still help you. I have just started running it now. Its going to take a good 5 hours and the log will be big. But I have started nevertheless.

Well it now has background run so at least you can continue with other things Wink
Well maybe we can look at solving the problem why it skips. Just copy/paste the ones which have error. Thanks for testing it.
Hopefully you find the add-on usefull.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:Well it now has background run so at least you can continue with other things Wink
Well maybe we can look at solving the problem why it skips. Just copy/paste the ones which have error. Thanks for testing it.
Hopefully you find the add-on usefull.

I'm sorry I never got the chance to seperate the errors out. But you can view the whole log HERE

I hope it helps Big Grin
Quote:J:\\Movies\\Mater and the Ghostlight
O:\\Movies Archive 5\\Trail.of.the.Pink.Panther.1982

These seem to be the only 2 paths in your log that the script is having trouble creating extrafanart dirs in now, are they writeable?
paddycarey Wrote:These seem to be the only 2 paths in your log that the script is having trouble creating extrafanart dirs in now, are they writeable?

Blush!!
I'm so sorry guys, I think those errors are my fault I deleted "Mater and the Ghostlight" as I realised it was a double.

"Trail.of.the.Pink.Panther.1982 " was moved to a different location. I forgot to clean my library and the add-on still thinks the files are there.

I am cleaning the library and can run the add-on again if you would like me to. I'm so sorry for wasting your time making you chase shadows. On the plus side if your add-on can work on my collection I am pretty sure it will work on any! Laugh

Edit:

To answer your question all partitions and folders are writable and are on the local machine running XBMC and the add-on
Rastan Wrote:Blush!!
I'm so sorry guys, I think those errors are my fault I deleted "Mater and the Ghostlight" as I realised it was a double.

"Trail.of.the.Pink.Panther.1982 " was moved to a different location. I forgot to clean my library and the add-on still thinks the files are there.

Don't worry, at least the script now handles those cases properly instead of crashing, without your logs i probably wouldn't have realised.

Thanks for testing Smile
paddycarey Wrote:Don't worry, at least the script now handles those cases properly instead of crashing, without your logs i probably wouldn't have realised.

Thanks for testing Smile

I'm just glad I could help out. Many thanks to you guys for thinking up and creating the script. You have made short work for a mammoth task for the community.
A few new features have just been added to the addon.

putneyj has just added support for limiting the downloaded fanart by rating or by language. These options can be changed in the addon settings.

You can choose a minimum rating for all fanart so that images with a rating of less than what is specified are not downloaded.

Limit by lanuage is reasonably self explanatory i hope Wink

As always, please post a debug log if you have any problems.
Great plugin - many thanks

Can anyone tell me how I can download extra fanart for all my movie collection in one go?

Thanks in advance
ady199 Wrote:Great plugin - many thanks

Can anyone tell me how I can download extra fanart for all my movie collection in one go?

Thanks in advance

The add-on can be run from your programs section. Check the add-on setting for what you want to download/limit and after just select it (hit ENTER when add-on is highlited)
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:The add-on can be run from your programs section. Check the add-on setting for what you want to download/limit and after just select it (hit ENTER when add-on is highlited)

Many Thanks for the info
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] script.extrafanartdownloader2