• 3(current)
Thoughts on this Build??
voip-ninja Wrote:Sure it is. The i3 fully supports HD audio, I'm not sure why you are indicating it does not.

If the Intel drivers are loaded it is important to make sure that when you go into the audio properties that you see the various codecs show up. For me, I see DTS, DTS-HD, LPCM, True-HD, etc. Now, I have not tested it out in XBMC because using special nightly builds for HD audio is too much hassle for me, but absolutely the hardware supports it.
are you saying you can bitstream dts-hd and truehd with i3? which i3 is in your htpc? how did you go about doing it? if you can provide info on it, maybe it might helpful to others in this thread.

i haven't play around with i3 lately. i tried it at beginning of the year, and it didn't work. if you have time, please try it with xbmc. please let us know how it turn out!

voip-ninja Wrote:Also worth pointing out that you should go into the audio properties for the Intel sound driver and make sure you set it to 5.1, 7.1, etc, because by default (for me anyway) it was set to 2.0 channel and any discrete 5.1 or 7.1 PCM stuff was being sent as 2.0 stereo.
i'm not understand you correctly on this. can you elaborate on it?

i usually set it to "stereo" in w7 control panel for it to bitstream properly for all audio codecs.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Bluray, I'm not interested in testing out custom builds of XBMC to prove this works. If there is a standalone app that can be used to test out HD audio I will give that a shot.

I have i3-2100 with H67M chipset and HD audio should definitely be working.
voip-ninja Wrote:I highly doubt that poofy hair guy has tried i3 with the newer Intel drivers and/or using this configuration;
if you want to find out for sure, you can always pm poofyhairguy. he is very particular with his comments in this forum. eskro is probably know him very well in this forum.

voip-ninja Wrote:If someone has an easy way for me to test HD playback without screwing up my install I will be happy to prove it works.
you can use this steps to bitstream dts-hd and truehd- blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd . with proper backup of your existing xbmc configurations, it should not mess up anything.
voip-ninja Wrote:Bluray, I'm not interested in testing out custom builds of XBMC to prove this works. If there is a standalone app that can be used to test out HD audio I will give that a shot.

I have i3-2100 with H67M chipset and HD audio should definitely be working.
you can always try mpc-hd (freeware) or you can try tmt 5 free trial version.
voip-ninja Wrote:If someone has an easy way for me to test HD playback without screwing up my install I will be happy to prove it works.

I know that it works great but if you wanted to test using your setup you would need MPC-HC + FFdShow.
bluray Wrote:you can always try mpc-hd (freeware) or you can try tmt 5 free trial version.

I will see if I can give one of those a shot. I'm not here to disparage what Poofy or anyone else has said, I am only relaying my own experiences with i3.
Mallet21 Wrote:I know that it works great but if you wanted to test using your setup you would need MPC-HC + FFdShow.

I'm not mucking with my setup, it's working great.
voip-ninja Wrote:I have i3-2100 with H67M chipset and HD audio should definitely be working.

....and I have the i3-2100 (Zotac H67C-E), but I cant get it to work, hence the requests for proof!!

This would eliminate lots of confusion if you can provide info contrary to what experts have posted in here..

Thx in advance!!
voip-ninja Wrote:I will see if I can give one of those a shot. I'm not here to disparage what Poofy or anyone else has said, I am only relaying my own experiences with i3.
you can follow my guides below to setup your i3 to bitstream dts-hd and truehd using mpc-hc:

1. connects i3 mobo to avr and hdtv via two hdmi cables. you can set avr to pass-through video because your htpc and hdtv are capable of doing these tasks.

2. follow these posts- post #89 and post #90. note- since you're using i3 igpu, you can ignore the amd and nvidia driver step.

if your i3 can bitstream hd audio with mpc-hc, then it should be able to bitstream hd audio with xbmc and other media players.
I'm not going to load codec packs to get this to work, because my current config is working fine and I spent too much time messing with it the 1st go around.

MPC-HD cannot bitstream HD audio without loading all of these codec packs?
MPC needs the correct filters to bitstream HD-Audio...
for win7 users, i suggest SHARK's Win7 CODECs http://shark007.net/win7codecs.html
and if your under win7 X64 you'll also need this http://shark007.net/x64components1.html
voip-ninja Wrote:I'm not going to load codec packs to get this to work, because my current config is working fine and I spent too much time messing with it the 1st go around.

MPC-HD cannot bitstream HD audio without loading all of these codec packs?
you can always un-install it later. it'll not harm xbmc settings either, because xbmc has its own codecs. it'll take very little time and effort to achieve it. since it is free, you might want to keep it afterward!

if you don't want to go through all the hassle, you can always try tmt 5.
eskro Wrote:MPC needs the correct filters to bitstream HD-Audio...
for win7 users, i suggest SHARK's Win7 CODECs http://shark007.net/win7codecs.html
and if your under win7 X64 you'll also need this http://shark007.net/x64components1.html

Concerning S/PDIF, digital, optical and HDMI: To enable bitstreaming of HD Audio you must setup the Audio TAB within the Settings Application for FFDshow pass-through. At no time should anyone have a need to click the leftside of the Audio TAB manually; it uses system detection with auto configuration.

I don't know guys, appears to be working to me (now maybe you guys will get off my back about it Shocked). I do get some audio dropping but this could be due to a number of things, the point is, the hardware supports it, no question. Dolby True-HD works too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9_RYqo393w
oh yeah, i never said i3-2100 doesnt support Bitstreaming hd-audio Tongue
in fact, it supports everything including 3D playback if your motherboard has HDMI OUT 1.4
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thoughts on this Build??0