• 5(current)
Thoughts on this Build??
voip-ninja Wrote:Also, please read this article, in which the i3 was extensively tested for HD Audio, with the addition of ffdshow he got it to work perfectly for both DTS-HD and Dolby True.

http://doityourselfhtpc.wordpress.com/20...l-core-i3/
that is the same thing as i suggested to you in this post- post #39.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
since we're talking about i3 igpu in here, i thought that some of you might be interesting in amd apu- Great Gift (AMD A8-3850). since it has a more powerful (hd6550d), it might be a better choice than i3 igpu for xbmc purpose.
bluray Wrote:since we're talking about i3 igpu in here, i thought that some of you might be interesting in amd apu- Great Gift (AMD A8-3850). since it has a more powerful (hd6550d), it might be a better choice than i3 igpu for xbmc purpose.

BluRay....

Got it!! Give me a few weeks on this one as I will probably be testing the A8 in the new "slim SFF" build I will be putting together. You will have detailed info from someone who will test extensively.

Still worried about the size of the HTPC..e6 Wesena:

What CPU cooler would I be looking at to put with the A8 inside this.. ?

Also... will the standard PSU be enough?? ..this is an external PSU if I'm not mistaken!!

With AMD A8-3850 Llano 2.9GHz = $150

+ ASRock A75M FM1 AMD A75 = $75

+ the HTPC-e6 V-B w/Logo?? + PSU:confused2: $220

+ SSD = $100 +/- few bucks..

Looking at a $550 HTPC.. Where can I save bucks? Slim Case and A8 processor are must have at this point.
CpTHOOK Wrote:BluRay....

Got it!! Give me a few weeks on this one as I will probably be testing the A8 in the new "slim SFF" build I will be putting together. You will have detailed info from someone who will test extensively.

Still worried about the size of the HTPC..e6 Wesena:

What CPU cooler would I be looking at to put with the A8 inside this.. ?

Also... will the standard PSU be enough?? ..this is an external PSU if I'm not mistaken!!

With AMD A8-3850 Llano 2.9GHz = $150

+ ASRock A75M FM1 AMD A75 = $75

+ the HTPC-e6 V-B w/Logo?? + PSU:confused2: $220

+ SSD = $100 +/- few bucks..

Looking at a $550 HTPC.. Where can I save bucks? Slim Case and A8 processor are must have at this point.

If you want a slim case, go with the e5 and not the e6. I think they both accept standard ATX PSU, so no need to buy one from them.

I've ordered a A6-3500. Should be there next week!
sorry to jump late in here Tongue
why not go for one of those small $80 ANTEC ISK300-150 or ANTEC ISK310-150 cases?

they come with a 150W FLEX PSU already,
should be plenty for using with the new AMD APU's!

then place this $90 ASrock A75M-ITX FM1 mobo in it!

I guess this $45 (after MIR) Patriot Torqx 2 SSD is darn hard to beat!

Smile
Balinus Wrote:If you want a slim case, go with the e5 and not the e6.

Kool...but do they have the e5 with the front digital GUI. I didnt see it, maybe I overlooked!
eskro Wrote:sorry to jump late in here Tongue
why not go for one of those small $80 ANTEC ISK300-150 or ANTEC ISK310-150 cases?

they come with a 150W FLEX PSU already,
should be plenty for using with the new AMD APU's!

then place this $90 ASrock A75M-ITX FM1 mobo in it!

I guess this $45 (after MIR) Patriot Torqx 2 SSD is darn hard to beat!

Smile

Thnx for the suggestion my friend.. these are slim SFF sure.. But I want something more sexyWink...if you can dig what I'm saying. Something that my buddies will come over and say... "DAYUM" where did you get that!!
CpTHOOK Wrote:BluRay....

here is a few slim cases to trim cost- Sentey Slim 2420 Slim Flex Case w/ Power Supply or Sentey Slim 2422 Slim Flex Case w/Power Supply or Sentey Slim 2421 Slim Flex Case w/Power Supply or IN WIN BL641.300TBL Black Steel MicroATX Slim Case Computer Case 300W Power Supply. this ssd should work- Patriot Torqx 2 PT232GS25SSDR 2.5" 32GB. you can keep everything else the same. with the cheaper case and ssd, you'll can trim roughly $180 from your overall estimation!
CpTHOOK Wrote:Thnx for the suggestion my friend.. these are slim SFF sure.. But I want something more sexyWink...if you can dig what I'm saying. Something that my buddies will come over and say... "DAYUM" where did you get that!!

FTW! Dayum.....

About to build a new computer for my buddy and he wan't something that is DAYUM.... so we are going to use this.... to some is ugly to some its nice.... its something you don't see much.....

CpTHOOK Wrote:Kool...but do they have the e5 with the front digital GUI. I didnt see it, maybe I overlooked!

Nah, only the e6 and e7 have the front digital GUI. Personally, I didn't wanted a GUI. Not sure I would have used it!
Beer40oz Wrote:FTW! Dayum.....

About to build a new computer for my buddy and he wan't something that is DAYUM.... so we are going to use this.... to some is ugly to some its nice.... its something you don't see much.....

You're right bro... DAYUM is certainly what I would say if i walked in and saw this one!! But not quite for me..

Balinus Wrote:Nah, only the e6 and e7 have the front digital GUI. Personally, I didn't wanted a GUI. Not sure I would have used it!

I figured..

The front GUI is just kool to me but is it worth the additional $70 is what i have to tackle. The e5 is wayyy sexxy as well tho'! I have until Friday to decide. I figure a week should be enough to fiddle through all that is out there..

...thanks fellas!
Balinus Wrote:If you want a slim case, go with the e5 and not the e6. I think they both accept standard ATX PSU, so no need to buy one from them.

I've ordered a A6-3500. Should be there next week!

Nope, E5 requires the slimmer than ATX PSU or Pico PSU.
Beer40oz Wrote:Image
man, that is one ugliest case i ever encountered on the web. for sure, it'll attract all kind of attention though!
Hey is this what you want CPtnHOOK? That is slick... But you said it was for your kids room? I am confused...Image
bluray Wrote:man, that is one ugliest case i ever encountered on the web. for sure, it'll attract all kind of attention though!

LOL Blu I know you are picky! Big Grin Just need some turbo's on the sides and you can fly!
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thoughts on this Build??0