My SSD's dead, looking for a new one...
Guessing here but You probably don't have the restore partition on there, which makes the OS the second partition on the drive not the first. I had all sorts of problems restoring backups of my OS partitions. Drive copy worked fine however.

I gave up on the backups, I was spending more time trying to restore than just installing new. But, I understand that's a problem for you too...
eskro Wrote:"Bootmgr is missing" issues are crazy....
nothing works, i tried all,,,

Hey Eskro....if you don't mind a bit of NooB advice let me ask, what image software are you using and what method did you use to restore image? I get that same message when I restore unless I use the recovery disk to recover image(using Acronis). I'm assuming use used this method since you wiped with parted magic prior to restoring image to SSD?

It's funny you have this problem because my Corsair NOVA2 60GB SSD is on it's way out and I will prolly RMA very soon. What were the warning signs you encountered before failure? Currently, it's murder to multitask and surfing Firefox is terrible. I have to drive wipe with P. Magic and Acronis restore at least once per month to get performance back. Dunno if it's my OS causing the issue or the SSD, but I never encountered these issues with my previous drives.
CpTHOOK Wrote:Currently, it's murder to multitask and surfing Firefox is terrible.
I'm not sure why would that killed SSD. I did multitask (surfing Firefox, IE and Google while most of the time converting or ripping BD in the background) all the time, and it's still running as good as new. Sometime, I wish that my older PC die on me. I never have any PC die on me for the last 15 years (12 PC's or so "home/work")! Smile
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:I'm not sure why would that killed SSD.

Not sure what it is really, but THIS guy is explaining the exact same problem I'm having currently.

Eskro... what did you notice prior to performance drop?
CpTHOOK Wrote:Not sure what it is really, but THIS guy is explaining the exact same problem I'm having currently.
Maybe, it is time to stay away from Corsair Nova then!
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
bluray Wrote:Maybe, it is time to stay away from Corsair Nova then!

Oh yes... Once I got my HTPC to do THIS I was hooked. I will replace NOVA2 on my MainPC with this drive as well!

.....SUPPPAAFLY(My HTPC's name)!!Nod
probably yeah bluray,,,, keep patriot for now..

well, my SSD always was picky on booting sequence...

sometimes windows booted, sometimes, i just get a black screen and thats it.

then im forced to reboot until it picks windows up.

and when it doesnt i get a weird green line on the top of my display.

really weird.

well, i dont know of any application imaging that
backs up also the MBR...

do Acronis do that?

im googling around but, i can't really find a definitive answer.

most likely, i'll need to find a MBR back up / restore app...

and i use DriveSnapshot for many years,

when i needed to restore a backup, it always worked,

no BOOTMGR MISSING errrors....

this is annoying,,,

i did eMAIL the author of the app, named TOM, he's a good guy.
eskro Wrote:well, i dont know of any application imaging that
backs up also the MBR... do Acronis do that?.

Yes.....with Acronis, you can backup and restore the MBR signature. When you back-up, the MBR is backed up automatically, but you have a choice weather to recover it or not.
so your saying, if i would have done my backups using ACRONIS,
i wouldnt see this S**** BOOTMGR MISSING error
when trying to boot my restored O/S??
eskro Wrote:so your saying, if i would have done my backups using ACRONIS,
i wouldnt see this S**** BOOTMGR MISSING error
when trying to boot my restored O/S??

Lol.....well, maybe! Acronis has always been good to me. BUT, as I stated earlier; with Acronis, you will have to create a recovery disk(Linux based). Then, boot into Acronis, recover disc partition and MBR sig... Restart, and your golden! Works for me every time, and with this blasted SSD, I have done a sh*tload of recoveries using this software and works every time. If you need a full copy of Acronis, I got you covered. I owe you a program anyway from when you hooked me up with that dynamite HardwareMonitor software.

P. Magic + Acronis.... as you would say..."FTW".....lol
So...
Getting a new SSD, cloning the latest backup and being up and running again isn't an option?
I would get a Crucial m4 and use Macrium Reflect for imaging software. In the past I used Acronis but read of issues that it does not always align correctly which is critical for SSD speed.
Kodi: Shield Pro 2019
Storage: Synology DS2415+, DS1815+
HT: LG 65C9 OLED, Pioneer VSX-LX503
Speakers: ProAc Super Towers/front, ProAc EBT's/rear, Polk S35/center, SVS PB-2000 Subwoofer
HansMayer Wrote:So...
Getting a new SSD, cloning the latest backup and being up and running again isn't an option?

well, im afraid that installing my backup on another SSD
will also result in BOOTMGR is MISSING.

i think that i need to try one last shot with this SSD,
and install windows from scratch + my apps...

and since ACRONIS has a MBR feature to backit up,
thats the one i'll use...

i cant rely on backups if they cant take care of potential MBR issues.
if ACRONIS can, Im all in!
Have you tried repairing the boot files? Boot with your Win7 cd and go to system repair and get a command prompt
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /fixmbr

Mike
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
oh yeah, i tried that earlier t'day... no luck

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My SSD's dead, looking for a new one...0