Awesome CPU Cooler for your HTPC build!
Thumbs Up 
Guys:

I can't tell you how happy I am that I listened to the pros here (guys who've built many HTPC systems) who suggested this CPU cooler!

[CPU Cooler]
Scythe BIG SHURIKEN 2 Rev B. 5-Heatpipe Universal Low Profile CPU Cooler (SCBSK-2100) $47.95

The thing looks like something you'd find under the hood of a custom Corvette or Mustang.
There's two things I can say:
1 - It's huge, but don't let that fool you. It fit perfectly in my case with plenty of clearance.
2 - I can run the fan on the lowest setting and this keeps the CPU perfectly cool.

okay and a 3rd:
It looks awesome. I might install quick release screws in the back of my case so I can show the insides off to friends who stop by.
Do yourself a favor, don't trust yourself when it comes to some of these parts, trust people who have the experience.
And experience shows this is the cooler to buy!
Great! thanx for sharing! I know it is.... I love it better then it's brother the 1100 100MM

The 120MM on the BIG is so wonderful....

It's so sweet in my mini build.... it's almost the size of the mobo.... looks crazy!

http://www.quietpc.com/products/amx-cool...iken-big-2
(2012-05-19, 21:44)Beer40oz Wrote: Great! thanx for sharing! I know it is.... I love it better then it's brother the 1100 100MM

The 120MM on the BIG is so wonderful....

It's so sweet in my mini build.... it's almost the size of the mobo.... looks crazy!

http://www.quietpc.com/products/amx-cool...iken-big-2

Beer,....you crack me up.....!!!!!
I HAVE to show my wife your video. Now she'll KNOW we're all crazy.

Like I said, it's like a souped up Corvette!
If Big Shuriken is a Mustang and Corvette, these two below must be a Porsche then.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Blu....LMAO, you are wayy too Hi-End for me man..

How about this "79" Cadillac "Coupe" I dig the Low-Ryders bro!! Only 40mm w/80mm fan but definitely gets the job done..

(2012-05-20, 00:24)CpTHOOK Wrote: I dig the Low-Ryders bro!! Definately gets the job done..
Low-ryder is great too.....Nod

What's that one cpthook?
Looks perfect for my 60mm clearance build.
(2012-05-20, 01:25)filthycatbox Wrote: What's that one cpthook?
Looks perfect for my 60mm clearance build.
Very kool cooler works very well! Check the XBMC-2100 build in my sig. But...with 60mm of clearance, U have plenty options.
I dunno,...those coolers are very nice,..but I like the Scythe BIG SHURIKEN 2 Rev B. 5-Heatpipe Universal Low Profile CPU Cooler (SCBSK-2100)'s fan exposed and on the top of the heat sink. I guess these are truly like customizing a car,..to each their own, and we all have great and justifiable reasons.

Plus, this thing does such a great job that you can run the fan at the slowest speed and it is completely silent.
Heck, I am currently running the fan at half speed and it's completely silent. (haven't had a chance to get into the bios to lower the fan speed,.....actually, family's loving it too much for me to get access).
What are the benefits of using a special CPU cooler rather than the stock one? So far, I've read many HTPC hardware guides that say the stock coolers are just fine. Are there any functional benefits, or is it just customization needs, making it a Mustang or a Porsche?! :-)
They give better temperatures and some will be more silent then others... and why not they are not that expensive.
(2012-05-21, 18:35)jaochoo Wrote: Are there any functional benefits, or is it just customization needs, making it a Mustang or a Porsche?! :-)
Let put it this way-

Let say you bought a new Mustang! After you drive it for a while, you'll know what you needs. If you are satisfy and happy with your stock Mustang, there is no need to add turbo, intercooler, muffler, etc. Everything you bought is designed to work fine with stock options......

If you want to customize it, it is up to you............
Can't leave nothing stock....
(2012-05-21, 18:35)jaochoo Wrote: What are the benefits of using a special CPU cooler rather than the stock one? So far, I've read many HTPC hardware guides that say the stock coolers are just fine. Are there any functional benefits, or is it just customization needs, making it a Mustang or a Porsche?! :-)

Most of the time, OEM cooler will be just fine but there are special circumstances! We here on XBMC that build SFF HTPC's sometimes have to consider them due to SFF case heat issues and/or space constraints, so yes, customization! But....some just like aftermarket coolers kuz they look koolCool or kuz they want to eliminate fan noises! So basically, there are some needs for them and some wants for them. Depending on your budget limit and specific HTPC project will most likely determine the need for one! I personally have one HTPC build with an OEM cooler and one build with the aftermarket cooler I posted above!
Can someone please confirm the actual height of the Shuriken Rev. B please. I've read heights of between 58mm and 67mm on various websites.

Also, what kind of temperatures are you getting with that build Beer?
I have almost an identical build (H61M-ITX instead of your H67) and I'm trying to ditch all fans except the cpu cooler, but have been getting up to 57C which causes the stock cooler to whirr up and down annoyingly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Awesome CPU Cooler for your HTPC build!0