Win Stutter video playback problem
All is running fine with powerdvd 11 and mpc-hc

Does the video player used by xbmc need an update?
I tried under eden, and its same problem..
Am i alone on this?
Frodo RC1 is now available so try with that as there's been a few AE fixes I believe, although no announcement yet on home page check the download area @ http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/

Have you seen my thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

Please check your Windows settings again as covered in Sections 2 & 3

Try Section 4 & 5

Then try doing Section 6 - guisettings.xml issue

The log reports you're using the correct AMD HDMI drivers but I've also noticed in your log you've got a SPDIF connection being reported, do you have or at any previous time had Realtek drivers on your system? if so go through the steps in Section 1 to ensure they are completely removed.
(2012-12-12, 12:36)jjd-uk Wrote: Frodo RC1 is now available so try with that as there's been a few AE fixes I believe, although no announcement yet on home page check the download area @ http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/

Have you seen my thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

Please check your Windows settings again as covered in Sections 2 & 3

Try Section 4 & 5

Then try doing Section 6 - guisettings.xml issue

The log reports you're using the correct AMD HDMI drivers but I've also noticed in your log you've got a SPDIF connection being reported, do you have or at any previous time had Realtek drivers on your system? if so go through the steps in Section 1 to ensure they are completely removed.

Gonna try rc1 but i doubt it will fix it, cause it was present in eden version too..
I rather think this is a player issue instead of the AE
Yes, i have seen your thread...
As stated before, windows configured correctly like in step 2 and 3
Also xbmc is configured correctly like in 4 and 5
I even tried the guisettings.xml but that didnt fix it either

One thing is mentioned in your topic is that under point 3 i, you said avr issue..
Cause now the device points to the lg tv instead of pioneer vsx919
But dont think this is the cause

And yes i had realtek installed earlier (with eden, a year ago), but that is deleted correctly and completely a long time ago

So now what?
(2012-12-12, 12:36)jjd-uk Wrote: Have you seen my thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911
You might want to reword info in "i. AVR issue".....all my PC's works with the configures below too-

In Hardware Setup -> HDMI
Audio TV Out - ON
HDMI Control (RIHD) - ON
Power Control - ON
TV Control - ON

You might want to reword info in "5. Check XBMC Video Settings" too......

My AMD GPU worked with the configures below-

DXVA2 enable and select Auto Detect as Render method

Your info is appropriate for Intel iGPU as I mentioned in my November thread- Simplify XBMC configurations......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Nope it's fine as it is.

You may find those settings work for you but that's for your setup.

HTPC's don't always play nice with AVR's that have HDMI Control settings enabled and since that thread is there to help people with problems it's a legitimate action to suggest disabling HDMI Control functions if they are enabled.
(2012-12-12, 18:04)Skank Wrote: So now what?
It is stunning that it works on some system, but not on another. I tried my friend U2 blu-ray disc yesterday and I tried David Foster&Friends with the same audio codec, and it worked fine on my PC.....Huh

(2012-12-12, 19:06)jjd-uk Wrote: Nope it's fine as it is.

You may find those settings work for you but that's for your setup.

HTPC's don't always play nice with AVR's that have HDMI Control settings enabled and since that thread is there to help people with problems it's a legitimate action to suggest disabling HDMI Control functions if they are enabled.
But they might think that their favorite CEC options causes problem, and it might turn out that it is not so....it is not for just my setup, because I played around with my friend system yesterday too, and it worked fine with the same settings as I have....he'll destroy his remote without CEC support....Tongue

For every instance you post it works I could post another example where it doesn't.

When debugging audio issues with a HTPC then I'd always recommend disabling anything to do with HDMI Control. It may work ok as in your case, but there are many many instances where it causes problems so it's always worth discounting.

(2012-12-12, 18:04)Skank Wrote: One thing is mentioned in your topic is that under point 3 i, you said avr issue..
In your Pioneer AVR take a look in the Audio Parameters menu then under there HDMI which you can select to AMPLIFIER or THROUGH ensure it's set to AMPLIFIER

(2012-12-12, 19:31)jjd-uk Wrote: For every instance you post it works I could post another example where it doesn't.

When debugging audio issues with a HTPC then I'd always recommend disabling anything to do with HDMI Control. It may work ok as in your case, but there are many many instances where it causes problems so it's always worth discounting.

(2012-12-12, 18:04)Skank Wrote: One thing is mentioned in your topic is that under point 3 i, you said avr issue..
In your Pioneer AVR take a look in the Audio Parameters menu then under there HDMI which you can select to AMPLIFIER or THROUGH ensure it's set to AMPLIFIER

I just checked and hdmi is already set as amp in audio parameters... Whats next?

Bluray, when i try to play u2 bluray , it plays with hd sound, but it stutters.. In the beinning you have things like stars flying.. Those stutter as well
I am definitely getting severe chop/stutter when playing absolutely any kind of file at all in frodo RC1. DVXA2 is disabled. And this is happening with low-def and high def video, stereo sound, etc.

The video plays for about .3 seconds, halts for .3 seconds, and repeats over and over. When the video halts, the mouse halts - if it's over the XBMC window. If, while the video is halt, halt, halting like that, I move my mouse to my main monitor, it's smooth as glass. If I stop the video from "playing" the mouse returns to smooth operation.

(2012-12-12, 20:27)Skank Wrote: Bluray, when i try to play u2 bluray , it plays with hd sound, but it stutters.. In the beinning you have things like stars flying.. Those stutter as well
I playback the original U2 blu-ray disc with HD audio sound too, and it playback fluently.....that is why I'm scratching my head....Huh

Have you try "High Performance" in Windows 7 power option? One of PC stutters with balanced power option on both XBMC and TMT5....

(2012-12-12, 21:49)kristjin Wrote: I am definitely getting severe chop/stutter when playing absolutely any kind of file at all in frodo RC1. DVXA2 is disabled. And this is happening with low-def and high def video, stereo sound, etc.

The video plays for about .3 seconds, halts for .3 seconds, and repeats over and over. When the video halts, the mouse halts - if it's over the XBMC window. If, while the video is halt, halt, halting like that, I move my mouse to my main monitor, it's smooth as glass. If I stop the video from "playing" the mouse returns to smooth operation.
What is your GPU? How did you connect your HTPC to HDTV?

(2012-12-12, 23:40)bluray Wrote:
(2012-12-12, 20:27)Skank Wrote: Bluray, when i try to play u2 bluray , it plays with hd sound, but it stutters.. In the beinning you have things like stars flying.. Those stutter as well
I playback the original U2 blu-ray disc with HD audio sound too, and it playback fluently.....that is why I'm scratching my head....Huh

Have you try "High Performance" in Windows 7 power option? One of PC stutters with balanced power option on both XBMC and TMT5....

Yes it is set as high performance

Again : all settings in windows And xbmc are correct...
It stutters in xbmc but not in mpc-hc or powerdvd...
And i got another problem..
It seems all my movies/ series play well however, after some random time audio continues but picture freezes for some seconds then quickly fast forward to the part where the audio is.. And continues normally..
When i rewind... The problem isnt there anymore..
This happens with everything i watched so far..
Running beta 3 frodo (isnt present in eden!)
Im not sure this is on rc1 , havent tried it yet, perhaps its already fixed..

This is a total different issue as the one described in this thread before...
Ok I'm thinking now it might be a problem with the video player.

What I suggest is:

madonna sticky and sweet tour that you mention you got in mkv format (or any other files you have that exhibit problem in the mkv format) and run it through mkvmerge to create a small sample file, see http://www.networkedmediatank.com/showth...p?tid=7310 for an example of how to do this, then upload this sample to somewhere that a developer can access, preferably somewhere that doesn't need any signup to download.

Enabled debug logging close XBMC, then open again and play the sample file then close XBMC, post the created debug log created playing that sample file.

Hopefully with both a sample & a log to work with a developer might be able to take a look, at the very least other people will be able to check if they can play your sample ok.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stutter video playback problem0