Win Playback choppy in Frodo
Hi,

I've recently installed v12 over v11 and noticed that large bluray rips no longer play smoothly, the files are approx 35Gb and play fine in v11 and MPC on the same box. DXVA is on, in fact no setting have changed between 11 and 12

I've uninstalled v12 and re-installed v11 and all is fine now.

Can anyone suggest what the problem could be? I'll re-install v12 over the weekend and see if I can get a debug log
Your audio settings were likely wrong, see http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911

Main cause is that v12 now supports HD Audio with the TrueHD & DTS-HD enable by default when you set HDMI for audio, however if you have a PC or AVR that does not support HD Audio you get the symptoms you describe.

Simple test is to set:

Audio Out: Analog
Speaker Configuration: 2.0
Audio Output Device: Directsound - HDMI

If that works then check Supported Formats in Windows so when you set back to "Audio Out: HDMI" you know which "capable receiver" items can and cannot be enabled. Note also that a "WASAPI - HDMI" device is required for HD audio.

Thanks, i'll try that.

My PC/AVR does support HD Audio though (Asus ATi 6450)
(2013-02-08, 14:15)dave77 Wrote: Thanks, i'll try that.

You need to configure audio output in Frodo as shown in my screen shot below. Here are more tips- Simplify XBMC configurations......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

In theory it might well do, but in practice is entirely different due to drivers, EDID HDMI handshaking etc.

You need to check the Supported formats tab in Windows assuming you are using HDMI.
(2013-02-08, 16:09)jjd-uk Wrote:

In theory it might well do, but in practice is entirely different due to drivers, EDID HDMI handshaking etc.

You need to check the Supported formats tab in Windows assuming you are using HDMI.
I haven't heard much of EDID issue with HD6450, but HD5xxx is more wide spread issues and I tossed one out the window myself....for driver, this is all you need to do for AMD GPU to bitstream HD audio- AMD Driver Autodetect....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Finally got around to upgrading drivers and XBMC and all working now, thanks for the help!

Not liking the new AMD control center though. The old version detected my TV screen and allowed me to resize the screen to fit, the new version doesn't have the 'flat screen' menu whatsoever! It just detects my amp as a source which is between TV and PC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback choppy in Frodo0