dynamic normalising real time
Hi,
I was listening a playlist of music with different songs coming from my very large music collection. All those tracks have not been normalised/replygained as there are many songs and I continusly increase the collection. And so, while I was listening this playlist, I experienced low volume and high volume between different tracks forcing me to adjust the sound level very often.
Each time you load a playlist, you adjust the main volume of your amplifier/ pc speakers / TV and XBMC with the first song. Depending if it is late and childs are sleeping or if you live close to a large road, you'll set a level corresponding to your needs.

I was thinking that it would be great if when a playlist is loaded, and a song is being played, that xbmc could analyse the next song to identify the peak level/volume of the next song.
This way, xbmc could be able to anticipate the next sound level for the next songs. In other word, calculate -6 dB for the next song, etc....

This feature would be perfect to avoid to adjust all the time the volume when listening music.

A much more powerfull filter, based on the idea to analyse media not in use could also be adapted with movies. This would not result in a simple sound level but to a complex an changing value. Even if movies, especially HD, are giant in term of space, many users oftenly request a normaliser for AC3/DTS, here, here, here, here, here, or here :

In my opinion, the value "-6 dB" should be stored in the xbmc's database, close to the jacket and title name of the song/movie.
This is also why the idea to store the name/path of a file would be great if the library would be based on a checksum calculation like floating's idea

Thank you for reading Wink
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...c#Playback -> Replaygain volume adjustments
(2014-03-09, 04:52)Ned Scott Wrote: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Set...c#Playback -> Replaygain volume adjustments

Thank you Ned but this does not reply at all to the suggestion.

In fact the suggestion could be summarized as a background sound level analysor to determine the replaygain of your music files

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dynamic normalising real time0